Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rich
    Participant

Hey All – A client is looking to install the eventbrite plugin but we receive this fatal error upon activation:

Fatal error: Can’t use function return value in write context in /nas/wp/www/staging/vli/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-eventbrite-tickets/lib/tribe-eventbrite.class.php on line 412

The client bought the plugin on their own, so you’ll notice my account does not have a license, however I can provide you with the client’s license if requested.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues.

Please have you client download the latest version of Eventbrite ( 3.9.4 )

We fixed that error in that version. It is caused in versions of PHP below 5.5

Let me know if that does not work.

Thanks

Vail Leadership
    Participant

I went ahead and updated the plugin, and it is now activated. However, when I add the key and client secret I receive this message:

“The application you’re trying to use has made an invalid request to Eventbrite. Please contact the application developer.”

Vail Leadership
    Participant

actually i think it’s because i was on a staging site which is not the URL I gave Eventbrite when I set up the API key. I’ll check

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for posting here. I can certainly help you here, but we can help you better if you create your own topic in the forum where we interact with you one on one. Also, we encourage you to post on your own topic because every time we post we email the author of the topic.

So I am going to close this thread as the original issue is resolved. Please create a new thread if it turns out you have an issue.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.’ is closed to new replies.