Plugin conflicts with WPML and Yoast

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin conflicts with WPML and Yoast

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jen
    Participant

This may be unfixable, but I wanted to let y’all know about it. I’m using WPML for multilingual support and Yoast SEO for my sitemaps. Today, WPML pushed out an update that caused Yoast to break EC. I know not how.

When I updated WPML, suddenly, my EC gridview was showing only the title and description of the first event for the month. The other views were the same. The EC rewriting of the loop was not working, and my template was treating the pages like any other.

So I disabled WPML, but the problem persisted. I disabled Yoast, and the problem corrected itself. I re-enabled WPML with Yoast off, and it was still fine. I was able to fix the conflict in two ways: by rolling Yoast back multiple versions to an old install package I had from 2011 (version 1.0.3 — it wasn’t sufficient to go back one or even two versions), or by rolling back WPML to the last version.

I also reinstalled EC, just in case, to verify that there was no conflict with the recent patch y’all gave me for Yoast sitemap links on recurring events. There wasn’t.

I’m OK for the time being keeping my older WPML installation. But this may get troublesome down the road.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jen,

We are working on better compatibility with WPML so I really appreciate you posting this. I’ve updated the ticket dealing with the WPML stuff but at this point we are still working on this and do not have an eta when it will be done.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jen
    Participant

I figured as much! I’ll hold onto my WPML installer and test it out with each EC update to see if the problem clears.

Roberto
    Participant

Joahn, the bug for multilanguage support of the list event widget (where there was the list of all the events in all languages), has been solved?

Leah

Hi Roberto,

We’re still working on this compatibility. Hopefully it will be rectified soon, but we don’t have a specific timeline for it. If you’re having trouble, you might want to try getting in touch with the WPML support and see if they can shed some light.

Good luck,
    Leah

Leah

Hello,

We are excited to report that our upcoming release, The Events Calendar 3.12, includes changes that greatly improve the compatibility between The Events Calendar and WPML. We’ve been working hard on this integration for some time and we want to specifically thank all of our users who requested and waited for this feature. We appreciate all of the support and patience!

Version 3.12 of The Events Calendar will greatly improve compatibility with WPML, but we still have work to do. If you run into any problems integrating the two plugins, please post in our forums so that we can look into the issues. We’ll be on the look out for tweaks and fixes that will improve things further.

Thank you again to everyone who has been waiting for this! The Events Calendar 3.12 is coming soon- watch your WordPress Updates page!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin conflicts with WPML and Yoast’ is closed to new replies.