Plugin Conflict with Pods Custom Post Type

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin Conflict with Pods Custom Post Type

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    snorton
    Participant

Greetings! It’s been a while since I’ve engaged in communication with this forum.
    I recently encountered a conflict and isolated the problem to the Pods plugin. They asked that I provide you with a link to the github bug report so that they can engage with you in resolving the conflict.

https://github.com/pods-framework/pods/issues/3700

I’ll be happy to provide direct details to you not otherwise included in the bug report if requested – just let me know what I can do.

Thanks,
    Sean

Cliff

Hi Sean. Thanks for your detailed question.

I installed Pods version 2.6.6 and had it and TEC PRO active and couldn’t replicate the issue you reported.

However, I saw you’re running WordPress versionĀ 4.3.5
    Please update your WordPress to the latest version: 4.5.3

Please also update The Events Calendar to its latest version and let me know if things work for you.

snorton
    Participant

I downloaded and installed fresh copies of WordPress (4.5.3), The Events Calendar (4.2.3) and Events Calendar Pro (4.2.3) – along with a fresh copy of Pods (2.6.6) – in a local test environment. There were no conflicts with the three plugins activated and recurring event functionality behaved as expected (fully-functional, no issues). However, when creating a pod which extends the tribe_events Post Type the conflict occurs again:

Console Error:

handlebars.js:194 Uncaught Error: Parse error on line 110:
    ...tribe_checked_if_is 'yes' custom.day.[sa
    -----------------------^
    Expecting 'CLOSE', 'STRING', 'INTEGER', 'BOOLEAN', 'ID', 'SEP', got 'undefined'

Specifically, I created a Pod to add a file upload for the event. In my use, The Events Calendar is used mostly for meetings so I wanted my users to upload their meeting agendas as PDFs using a dedicated media upload button which then displays a link to the file for download on the front end.

** I think I discovered the conflict is closely related to the File / Image / Video upload option as I added other types of fields (plain text, paragraph, relationships with other Post Types) and each time had no problem until I added the file upload. **

Cliff

Thanks for all the additional details.

One of our developers and I looked into this. It looks like Pods is using a really old version of handlebars.js (1.0.beta.6) and we use version 3.0.3

If their version is getting enqueued instead of ours, that might be the cause for the problem.

snorton
    Participant

Ah – that makes sense. I temporarily commented out line 292 of ../plugins/pods/classes/PodsInit.php where handlebars.js is registered and it resolved the problem.

I’ll report back to the Pods team – I certainly appreciate your time in looking at this issue.

Cliff

Excellent! Thanks for letting us know and being the go-between with the two plugins.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin Conflict with Pods Custom Post Type’ is closed to new replies.