plugin conflict help

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO plugin conflict help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    thebeaver
    Participant

So I’m about to finish up my website with Calender Pro (which i love) BUT when i turn on the Plugin JetPack BY WordPress with the Calendar Pro Plugin activated I suddenly get a wp-includes errors.

I realize that the JetPack plugin isn’t yours, but it is made by WordPress (not a fly by night operation) and it’s both the basic and Pro version making my website agry.

I’m super bummed.
    Can you advise?

Richelle

thebeaver
    Participant

Sorry, i hit return before finishing.

I turned all but the calendar and JetPack plugins off, used the themes WordPress Twenty Twelve and Twenty Eleven and still got these errors:

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 2800

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3592

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3594

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3596

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3597

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3604

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3615

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 30

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 206

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 776

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 776

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 793

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/general-template.php on line 1644

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3592

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3594

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3596

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3597

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3604

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/query.php on line 3615

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 30

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 263

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 206

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/functions.opengraph.php on line 102

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-post-images.php on line 20

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ayndroid/public_html/beaver2012/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/class.jetpack-post-images.php on line 84

Barry

Hi Richelle. PHP has various levels of error which range in severity from fatal errors (bad) down to notices (the lowest level, not so bad). Notices may be regarded as indicative of bad practices and generally the PHP runtime is clever enough to deal with them without further issue.

Seen in that light, the real issue is that you have errors being set to display – which you should avoid on a live site in any case.

If you look on the WordPress codex you will I am sure be able to find advice about turning this off. The advice there may or may not work (every hosting environment is different) so if it doesn’t, please just consult with your web host.

Why you are seeing this in concert with The Events Calendar and not otherwise I’m not entirely sure, but some of it is just due to lose coding practices, such as in the final notice you quoted – in that instance Jetpack is calling another function (get_post()) and assuming that an object will be returned, when actually it’s possible for something other than an object to be returned (which is probably what’s happening in this case).

All in all however, the easiest solution is simply to turn off the display of errors.

thebeaver
    Participant

Hi Barry,

Thanks so much for your input, i’ll dig into this!

cheers,

R

Barry

Great – let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘plugin conflict help’ is closed to new replies.