Plugin conflict…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin conflict…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ronald de Caluwe
    Participant

Hi there,
    This is on a multisite and multilanguage install. All plugins up-to-date, also WP.
    When I fill in a gravity form to let visitor make a draft post, the draft is visible in the post count on the posts admin page, but NOT in the list of posts, so it can’t be accessed, edited and published.

The only way I can get this working is by switching of all 3 Tribe Events plugins, and they are essential for this site. But letting visitors write draft posts is also…

Can you please look into this?

(FYI: I’m travelling a lot these weeks, so will not always answer quickly, that’s no lack of attention…)

Thanks!!

George
    Participant

Hey Ronaldus,

Thanks for the heads-up about your traveling! I’m sorry you’ve been having these issues, but I’m curious โ€“ย you mention deactivating the three Tribe plugins and having the form work okay, but have you tried deactivating every plugin other than the Tribe plugins and trying to use the form again?

Also, could you test a separate Gravity Form that does not handle submissions as “drafts”, and instead just directly “publish”es them? If so, how does this form work in comparison to the drafts one? Do posts submit correctly and remain editable, findable in the admin, etc.?

Let us know the results of both tests when you get the chance ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you!
    George

Ronald de Caluwe
    Participant

Hi George,
    Thx for responding!

Yes, I de-activated all plugins and switched to 2014 theme, but the only thing that made a difference was the de-activating of the Tribe plugins.
    I adjusted the form settings so that the post gets the status published, and that DOES work indeed.

Cheers!

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update Ronaldus, your findings are interesting. Hm. Based on what you reported it seems the “Draft” status specifically is where the problems arise from, though this is odd. I hate to make you go do more tests, but since I’m having trouble re-creating your exact issues, would you be able to try any other submission statuses? There should be “Draft” and “Publish”, but if you have the “Pending Review” status as well, how do things work if you try that?

Your patience with this testing is supremely appreciated! If there’s a bug here your testing is helping us immensely in trying to sniff it out, which will help us fix it.

Thank you Ronaldus!

Ronald de Caluwe
    Participant

Hi George,

Thx for your time. Again: I’m travelling and there’s not always a good internet connection in Sweden…
    But today I was lucky, so I tried immediately.
    The status ‘Pending review’ also does NOT give a problem, so that went OK.

It seems indeed that the ‘draft’ status is the problem…

Thanks for helping!

George
    Participant

No worries Ronaldus, thank you for the update! And for testing that other status on your site โ€“ this reveals some very odd behavior, and there may a bug here that is worth investigating more closely on our end of things.

In the meantime, do you think using the “Pending Review” status would be a workable temporary solution on your site until we can figure out what’s going on with the “Draft” status?

One last thing you could try would be to see, when you take a Pending Review item and save it as a Draft after it’s already been submitted in the admin of your site, if it then saves correctly and is viewable/editable/etc in your admin. This would reveal if the problem is stemming from the submission handling specifically, or something else deeper on your site.

Thank you so much for your patience and for your willingness to test stuff Ronaldus!

George

Ronald de Caluwe
    Participant

Hi George!

Thx for answering.
    I opened the Pending post and saved it as a draft: no problem!!

And: YES, it is OK for now to use the pending status as a work-around for the drafts-issue, so you can have a coffee now…
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

I’m glad you’re willing to help!

Cheers,
    Ronald

George
    Participant

Thank you Ronaldus!

One last question ๐Ÿ™‚ โ€“ย what version of Gravity Forms are you using on your site?

We will investigate this and see what we can find. Stay tuned!

โ€” George

Ronald de Caluwe
    Participant

Latest version: 1.9.10.2

Cheers!

George
    Participant

Thank you Ronaldus โ€“ย Stay tuned!

Ronald de Caluwe
    Participant

Just wandering if there’s anything new to report.
    Thx!

George
    Participant

Hey Ronaldus,

I didn’t recreate this issue myself, but it’s indeed some odd behavior that we’ll keep on our radar. If possible, I’d recommend using the Pending Review status for now โ€“ย is that a workable solution?

If we nail down this bug in full, and get a fix out for it, it will be mentioned in the changelogs of whatever update the fix is included in. So stay tuned to updates and read the changelogs! ๐Ÿ™‚

Do you have any other questions or concerns I can help you with for now?

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue!

โ€” George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin conflict…’ is closed to new replies.