Plugin Conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Plugin Conflict

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    accessrose
    Participant

I switched my WordPress theme and now I am unable to access my widget area. Please help me out with this issue.

Barry

I’m sorry you’re facing difficulties.

So it sounds like the theme is the problem but I note you gave this thread the title of Plugin Conflict. Can you confirm that you’ve narrowed things down to just the theme, as opposed to a plugin?

If so, can you tell me which theme you are using/link to its homepage?

Thanks!

accessrose
    Participant

This reply is private.

accessrose
    Participant

IF you need access to my site let me know

Barry

OK – your mention of troubles since last updating makes me wonder if you are being hit by a bug we created a specific fix for. Can I ask you to review this blog post and if appropriate try out the plugin linked to from there and see if that helps with this?

If that doesn’t seem relevant, or does but doesn’t resolve things, can you describe exactly what you see when you visit the widget area (a screenshot – which you could share by uploading it to Dropbox or some similar service, or even your own website – would be awesome here)? I’d also love to know how many events you currently have on your site.

Thanks – I’m sure we can get to the bottom of this 🙂

accessrose
    Participant

I a currently using TEC 3.5.1 and PRO 3.5.2 which is indicated on the link you sent. Should I download that version even if I already have the same update?

accessrose
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

I a currently using TEC 3.5.1 and PRO 3.5.2 which is indicated on the link you sent.

Right – so the plugin linked to from here is basically a tool you can use once to clean up any extra data that was created due to bugs when updating: it doesn’t replace your current copies of The Events Calendar or Events Calendar PRO – rather you would install it, activate, follow the steps in the blog post to make it merge any duplicates and then deactivate it again.

Does that clarify things/help at all?

accessrose
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK – sorry for the confusion!

The basic problem, I think, is that with a high number of events (and it looks like you have in excess of 7,000) the event countdown widget can “crash” within the widgets screen. That said, on logging in I can access your widget page and it’s just fine – so I’m not sure if that’s due to some other change that freed up or increased available memory or if something else is kicking in and impacting things but only when you log in.

To explain why I suggested using the cleanup plugin — our 3.5.x update inadvertently caused a large number of duplicate events to be generated for some users, ballooning the total number of events significantly (but this didn’t affect everyone). If that’s not the problem and you simply have a large number of events then we could still see the same basic problem.

Right now though – based on what I saw when I logged in – the problem seems to have been resolved. Can you confirm the same thing? If not, I can definitely give you a snippet that will disable the countdown widget to provide temporary relief.

Let me know!

accessrose
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

OK – we’re always happy to help but if this is a separate issue from the one you reported initially please do create a new thread and if possible please explain the actual problem (though I see you linked to the submission form it would be fantastic to get some extra information as to the issue at hand) 🙂

Since it sounds like we’re all good on the widget admin page I’ll go ahead and close this thread – but one of the team will be along to assist if you need more help with regards to the Community Events plugin.

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to update you here. We were not able to fix this issue in time for our upcoming release (3.6). However, it is still very much a priority and we hope to have it corrected in the next maintenance release. We will keep you posted on our progress. Thank you for your patience and support!

Best,
    Leah

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to drop in and update you on the status of this issue. We are working on the upcoming 3.7 release and are happy to say that a fix for this issue will be included. Please keep an eye on your Updates and Plugins pages for an update prompt. If you have any trouble or continue to see this issue after updating, please start a new thread and we can assist you from there. Thank you for your patience while we worked on this issue.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin Conflict’ is closed to new replies.