Please read this about imports.

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Please read this about imports.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Charles Daly
    Participant

I am writing today for a couple of reasons. First is that my events aggregator is not working. It will not perform the saved scheduled imports and it will not run manual ones. I have run through the whole debugging process and changed to the them to the wordpress default. The second reason is that I am trying to covey how this has a huge impact on my business. I hope that when this is read that it does not come across in a harsh way. I have felt in the past that sometime the tone of the reply becomes defensive and there is a loss of understanding of how this impacts a customer. I have gone back to look at the number of times I have had to ask for help with he events aggregator. It appears that there have been various issues since March. There was a period of time from march and April where photos and venues where not being imported. In June is when the imports were not running automatically and in July is when the manual ones stopped working. I am truly a good sport. I am not writing this in any hostile tone. I am however, frustrated and let down. Only speaking for myself, I pay money for these tools to work for a reason. I choose you as a partner for this service. While it is the basic license, I pay for so many imports per day and I have not been able to receive that service I pay for for the last few weeks.

I am aware that you are working on it. I completely get the impression that you are working hard to make it right. However, what is the plan in the meantime? Because everyday that goes by, there is an impact to me as a customer. I wait on pins and needles for an update that is coming but doesn’t. Then when it does, it does not fix the problem.

I am looking at this and feel bad about writing it. At the same time, I am frustrated because I don’t even know what I am asking for. I just know that someone will read this, reply with an apology and tell me that an update is being worked on. I just want it fixed.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Charles,

Thank you very much for your post! I really appreciate that you took the time to phrase your thoughts and share it with us, and in such a calm, clean manner. Kudos to you sir!

I am truly sorry for all the frustration these bugs have caused you. I understand your disappointment, it is not a pleasure to work with something that constantly has issues. Especially if that is a big part of your business.

I checked now the status of the issue with the automatic import and I can share with you some good news. The issue has been identified and a developer has worked out a fix. The code still needs to be tested / QA’d, which I believe should happen this week. If the fix passes QA, then it can be released.

At the moment I don’t see a fix release date yet, but knowing the severity of the issue and the number of users it impacts, I would expect – without guarantee – no later then end next week.

I want to thank you for your patience. I know it must have been very hard, so thanks for sticking with us so far. And again, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us!

Cheers,
    Andras

Charles Daly
    Participant

Hello. I am just giving some feed back. I updated the plugins tonight and my imports are still not running. They don’t run manual or automatic.

Charles Daly
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Charles Daly
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Please read this about imports.’ is closed to new replies.