Please assist! "Sould-out" message (in list view) is (still) not working!

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Please assist! "Sould-out" message (in list view) is (still) not working!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    aovivo
    Participant

Hi there – i started a request in a previous topic – but still no luck with this issue.

What i am looking for is the SOLD OUT Message display in the event list view when an event is sold out. I followed the instructions by doing this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/adding-sold-out-notices-for-woocommerce-tickets-in-list-view/
    i still have no message ‘sold out’ showing up in the event list.
    Please note, that I asked in my presales questionary for this feature. I was pointed out that this is now a basic feature. In fact, it is stated in the Woocommerce Tickets feature list (https://theeventscalendar.com/shop/wordpress-wootickets/)awell
    So i went ahead and bought both, woocommerce tickets and event calandar pro and actually i expected this to work WITHOUT needing to alter any code/file or to install any extra plug-in to dachieve that. but i did, and still – it does not show up!

so i kindly ask you to look into my case and tell me if i am doing something wrong as i need this to work properly.

I was very frustrated to hear that there would be no more assistance (as for the WooT library plug-in) and that the thread would be closed, although my problem is still not solved.
    please do not leave me behind like that…
    my best regards
    a.-

Barry

Hi – it’s definitely not our intent to leave you behind, however some customizations are more involved than others and we can’t guide you through them all (hence we may suggest you use a third party plugin or library on occasion – simply to help you get there when we can’t assist further).

I followed the instructions by doing this here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/adding-sold-out-notices-for-woocommerce-tickets-in-list-view/

So this depends on Woot Library and – as we identified in a previous thread – there appears to be a problem with that currently. Bugs can arise in any piece of software and the timing is of course unfortunate from your perspective, but if you can be patient I’m sure it will be resolved in due course.

Other than that, if you’re at home writing code, you are free to inspect the code of Woot Library and extract what you need to build this out yourself. I appreciate that sort of approach isn’t for everyone, but I wanted to raise it as an avenue for you to explore.

Please note, that I asked in my presales questionary for this feature. I was pointed out that this is now a basic feature. In fact, it is stated in the Woocommerce Tickets feature list (https://theeventscalendar.com/shop/wordpress-wootickets/)awell

I’m sorry for the confusion. What the product page states though is that there is a a clear SOLD OUT reference on the frontend once they’re gone. This is indeed the case – you can see the message within single event pages where appropriate – but it does not appear everywhere and I’m sorry if that wasn’t clear enough.

so i kindly ask you to look into my case and tell me if i am doing something wrong as i need this to work properly.

Would the general approach outlined in this thread work for you as an alternative to using Woot Library?

aovivo
    Participant

Hi Barry, first of all thanks for the detaliled reply.
    Yes, in understand that software, plug-ins and so on need adjustments as they basically come with other newer versions of WP and WooCommerce.

I however still hope that the topic will be resolved – say with a plug-in or in a future release. and yes, as i stated earlier its out of my skills range to develop plug-ins or software – since i am a designer in the first place and therefor rely on paid plug-ins to get me there where i need the website to be.
    the alternative to remove the sold out date is a really good spot however – from a marketing perspective – similar to your countdown widget – its a basic strategy to push the customer to buy tickets as he realizes that many tickets/dates are been sold out and set him in a bit of a hurry to finally save his spot.
    This might be not the right place to point this out – but displaying the amount of available tickets in front end, is a feature i would consider as a basic feature in a booking/ticket system that goes along with a sold out message when the tickets are gone!
    while i went through the forum again, i see that both calendar and ticket system are slick, handy and well implemented, i still see a lot of potential to improve this and that – mostly from a easy to use high customizable back-end…
    looking forward to the see more features in future releases – and i am eager to offer my humble contribution with suggestions and ideas.
    have a good one, my kindest regards
    a.-

Barry

We’re always on the look out for new ideas and feature requests: UserVoice is the best place to post these and that also allows others to show their support for a particular idea (and, of course, you in turn can upvote and support existing requests) 🙂

I however still hope that the topic will be resolved – say with a plug-in or in a future release. and yes, as i stated earlier its out of my skills range to develop plug-ins or software – since i am a designer in the first place and therefor rely on paid plug-ins to get me there where i need the website to be.

Definitely, I understand completely. At the same time, there are limits to everything and I’m sorry we can’t go any further with this here in the support forum – but as above do make your wishes known on UserVoice and we’ll certainly do what we can.

Thanks again!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Please assist! "Sould-out" message (in list view) is (still) not working!’ is closed to new replies.