Placing Events List Widget on a page or post?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Placing Events List Widget on a page or post?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, I have added the Events List widget to my homepage (inserted into the page) using the plugin “amr shortcode any widget” which is very straight forward to use and just places a widget on a page or post frankly. However with the Events List widget the title of the events do not seem to come into the widget here which is odd as this is very important of course. You can see what I mean here on the left hand side of the body area of this website: http://www.jamjosandbox.com/britishirishchamber2/

By the way all this is, is a standard page and then placuing the widget directly into the page using the shortcode from “amr shortcode any widget”. All other widgets work fine using this method except Event List which is a shame as I need this to work so hopefully there is a fix for this?

I have of course made sure there is no conflict with another plugin or theme and tried this on the 2012 theme also and no joy here either. Basically the titles of the events are missing and I need to get them going. Any help much appreciated. Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello Again,

With 3.10 we have our own Event List Shortcode:

[tribe_events_list]

And it takes all the settings the widget does and you can read about it here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/pro-widget-shortcodes/

I can support this shortcode if it does not work for you. I am unable to support amr shortcode any widget.

Let me know if our shortcode works for you. If it is not please first check if you have any custom templates in your theme for the widget as they need to be updated as of 3.10.

Thanks

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks Brian, I have swapped in that shortcode now as it makes more sense to use this however the same issue applies actually. Basically no title is showing here?

Brian
    Keymaster

I took a look and you have this css hiding the titles:

.page-id-615 .entry-title {
    display: none;
    }

This css should fix it for the Event List Widget:

.page-id-615 .type-tribe_events .entry-title {
    display: block;
    }

Add that css to your theme’s stylesheet or through a plugin such as Simple Custom CSS.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Thanks Brian, that worked well.

Brian
    Keymaster

Great glad it helps.

I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Placing Events List Widget on a page or post?’ is closed to new replies.