Pinned/favourite events?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Pinned/favourite events?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rob Morrisby

Hey there,

We’ve used the Event Calendar a lot and really like it – so thanks so much for your work first of all.

I had a quick question that hasn’t come up before. Is it possible to create ‘pinned’ or favourite events using TEC?

Our idea is that visitors of a site could go to the standard Event calendar display, but see a small sidebar widget that just showed these pinned events. Ideally, we’d use this widget in other areas of the site too.

Is this doable in any of the pro or upgraded versions of the Event Calendar?

Thanks for reading.

-Rob

Nico

Hi there Rob,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! Stocked to hear you enjoy our plugins 🙂

Unfortunately there’s no such functionality in our plugins although it sounds like a neat idea. This functionality is in fact covered by other plugins like: Favorites and WP Favorite Posts. I recommend you give those plugins a try.

Hope that helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Rob Morrisby

Hey Nico,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply.

I just had a look at those plugins and they look pretty cool. However, they seem to be for end-users to set their own favourite posts. Do you know of any plugin that only allows admin users to curate a list of posts (or events, to be specific) that can be displayed as a widget? I’ll have a look of course, and if this is outside your support remit don’t worry, but if you had any expert insight it would be great to hear.

Thanks again!

-Rob

Nico

Thanks for following up Rob!

I thought you were looking for the front-end users to pin events. We have a new feature called Featured Events, which works form the admin and will highlight events in the front-end of the site. List widget has an option to just show these events, which I guess is what you need. Read more here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/featured-events/

Another option is simple having a category or tag just for this ‘pinned’ events, and once you add the widget you ‘filter’ events by this category.

Please let me know if this helps,
    Best,
    Nico

Rob Morrisby

Awesome! That’s literally perfect. Thanks so much for all your help Nico.

Nico

You are welcome Rob!

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Pinned/favourite events?’ is closed to new replies.