Picture size of previews

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Picture size of previews

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey there,
    I am showing previews for other meetings on this site: https://www.valuedach.de/event/value-investing-treffen-stuttgart/. The pictures are great, but way to big (700 pixels for a preview of around 150 pixels). Can you please resize them correctly in the next update? Thanks!

Courtney

Hi Tilman

I might be able to help you with this. Can you clarify, are the images you want resized the main one at the top of the post, or the related posts below?

Technically, these image sizes are determined by your theme. We do not determine how large a featured image on your event is displayed.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey Courtney,
    would be great. I want to have the pictures below (Ähnliche Veranstaltungen) in a smaller version. I have them as 150×150 version on my website, but the bigger ones are chosen.
    Best

Courtney

Hi Tilman

Can you add the following code to your child theme, or in Appearance » Customize » Additional CSS?

.tribe-events-single ul.tribe-related-events .tribe-related-events-thumbnail img {
        width:150px;
        height: 110px;
    }

Let me know if that is what you wanted.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Thanks. But is still loading the pictures, that are way too big and not the thumbmail. I don’t want change the style, I want to load the right picture size, save traffic and speed up my website.

Courtney

Hey there

You could override the single-event.php template and change:

<?php echo tribe_event_featured_image( $event_id, 'full', false ); ?>

To:

<?php echo tribe_event_featured_image( $event_id, 'thumbnail', false ); ?>

Or any other registered image size supported by their theme (thumbnail is pretty standard though and should work).

See our Themer’s Guide for guidance on overriding code so that your updates are not lost.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Sorry. This is again no solution. I don’t want to change the preview picture. I want to change the smaller pictures below “Ähnliche Veranstaltungen”. If you open them separatly you see, that they are much bigger as the preview picture. This is bad, cause you have to load to much content. Therefore I want you to use proper code to use the right thumbmails in the right size. You can do that. Please solve that. Thanks.

Courtney

Hi there

Our solution above will work to load smaller file sizes, not just CSS tweaks. Please give it a test and let me know how it works for you.

If you’d like to carry this further, please head over to the Themer’s Guide for some help customizing this further to better meet your needs. This will ensure your changes are not lost with a plugin update.

We’re limited in helping with styling customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Mathew
    Participant

Tilman,

The template for Related Events is located in /events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/related-events.php on line 32. By default it is set to use Large. Set it to ‘medium’ or ‘thumbnail’. These sizes are determined by what you have set in the WordPress Media settings.

As Courtney mentions, follow the Themer’s Guide as a best practice.

Hope this helps.

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey there,
    thx. That helped!

Courtney

Thanks Mathew!

Tilman, is there anything else we can help you with?

Courtney

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Picture size of previews’ is closed to new replies.