Picture size / GTmetrix

Home Forums Additional Help Image Widget Plus Picture size / GTmetrix

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Value Wordpress
    Participant

Hey there,
    If I am running GTmetrix for my website I get an complaint with the picture I have embedded from my events calendar widget: https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.valuedach.de/vJupQ1SH. It is resized from 2000 px to 594 px, which is a bit of a messy solution. I have already regenerated the thumbmails and tried to fix thereby, but it does not change. What can I do to have smaller pictures and a fast loading page?
    Thanks!

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Yes, wordpress will take the source file as the reference so unfortunately you would need to lower the file size of your image since its loading the full size of 2000px as the source.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Value Wordpress
    Participant

Okay. Is there a way to work around that automatically or will you fix that with an update?
    What is the mimimum size of that picture, that it has a good fit in every viewing situation – also on the event’s page?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Its not really an issue with updating since this is just standard for WordPress. Fit depends on your theme so you may have to play around with different sizes to see what looks best. In regards to file size, you want your images as small as possible. Best is to keep images below 200kb in size.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Value Wordpress
    Participant

But why don’t you think about using the thumbmails wordpress offers for the events pictures? This would be a nice update – also for other customers. Can you please implement this?

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

We are always looking for ways to improve especially if its something multiple customers want. You can visit our feature request site and submit this feature. The more votes it receives, the more likely we are able to implement.

Feature Request

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Picture size / GTmetrix’ is closed to new replies.