PHP Fatal Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO PHP Fatal Error

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bookingmcmaster
    Participant

Hello,

I am receiving this error that is causing the events calendar not to load.

[02-Jun-2017 15:35:39 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home1/mcmaste3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Template/Month.php on line 715

I have updated all plugins and wordpress and swapped to the twenty fourteen theme to check for theme conflicts.

I have a feeling the issue could be due to the number of events – we have over 1300 (non recurring).

Any insight on the issue would be great!

Best,
    Heather

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Heather!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

Let me help you with that.

As a first step, I would recommend you try increasing the memory allocated to PHP. To do so, you should copy and paste the following code into your wp-config.php file located in the root of the WordPress installation?

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You should paste it in a new line below this line of code:

$table_prefix = 'wp_';

Let me know if that works for you.

Regarding the number of events, 1300 is something you should be considering for the performance of your site. We have a great article that will get you started on Performance Considerations you should know about. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

I hope that helps and feel free to ask any other question.

Best,
    Victor

bookingmcmaster
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thank you for your response! I increased the PHP memory limit but then I was receiving this message in the error logs:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home1/mcmaste3/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Template/Month.php on line 720

So then I increased the timeout to 60 seconds and it’s working!

Thank you for the links about caching/performance optimization. I have taken a look and believe we already had the caching setting selected.

The development-focused articles was helpful and I already have the Query monitor installed. We will definitely need to consider site performance in some creative ways moving forward.

Thank you for your help!

Heather

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Heather!

I’m glad you could work that out. Thanks for coming back and letting us know about it.

Sounds like you have already taken a good look at the articles and taken some actions regarding performance, so that’s great!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel free to open a new one if you have any other questions and we’d be happy to help! 🙂

Best!
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘PHP Fatal Error’ is closed to new replies.