Help Desk

PHP Errors- "non-numeric value" Recurring Events using "ONCE" event series type

Hello,
    My client is trying to create recurring events for various musical artists at their venue. First, they are creating the event, then they use the “Once” event series option to add a future date. After selecting the future date. The try to update the event but get a 500 Error. Other recurring event types such as “Weekly” or “Monthly” work fine.

Looking at the logs, the actual error message is:

PHP Warning:  A non-numeric value encountered in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence/Meta.php on line 1111

Which happens repeatedly until this happens:

PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/username/public_html/wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/Tribe/Recurrence.php on line 131

It looks like the offending line of code is this:

$duration += $recurrence['custom']['end-day'] * DAY_IN_SECONDS;

The Event Calendar and Event Calendar Pro plugins are current. Any thoughts?

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi David!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you with that issue.

First, my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. It seems that your consecutive posts made this thread to not show up as a priority in the queue somehow and we’ve just saw it.

I made several tests with the recurring events trying to reproduce the same PHP Warning, but failed to do so.

Just to confirm, are you getting that error when editing an existing event or also when creating a new event from scratch?

Could you please share with us your complete debug.log file so we can have a look and see if we can find any other log that would indicate a problem.

I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Please let me know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

We’ve run some additional tests. We removed all instances of any non-CSS updates we made to the calendar and the “Once” style recurring events still cause a 500 error.

• We know it works properly on the Twenty Seventeen theme with all of the current plugins activated.
    • It does not work with our custom theme, but has for years.
    • We disabled all of the non-css updates we made to the calendar (we’ve updated some template files with minor overrides for the purposes of layout tweaks). The “Once” event style fail when we remove these overrides.

Do you have any additional thoughts? Do you have any insight into which value is being incorrectly submitted? That may help us troubleshoot on our end.

Thank you.

Bump. Any insight from your perspective after looking at the log files? We’re trying to troubleshoot on our end, but aren’t finding anything that is the culprit. Any thoughts you could provide would help.

Thanks!

Hi David!

I’m sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’ve been out this last couple of days and could not follow up with this.

As a first glance, the problem is the fatal error that triggers because it exceeds the Maximum execution time of 30 seconds. It might be that using your theme might be taking more time to load that page. Please try raising this time limit and see if it prevents the fatal error.

In the meantime, I will reach out to the team and see if they can offer some insight on this matter, and also flag the PHP warning for the non-numerical value you are getting. We’ll let you know what we find.

Please let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

The topic ‘PHP Errors- "non-numeric value" Recurring Events using "ONCE" event series type’ is closed to new replies.