PHP Code to include mini calendar in custom theme side bar?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO PHP Code to include mini calendar in custom theme side bar?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant

I recently inherited a customized WordPress site that uses a custom theme and does not utilize the vanilla WordPress side-bar. For this reason, any widgets added to “Side Bar 1″ do not work. I would like to include the mini calendar widget in the custom side-bar.

The site utilized a different calendar plugin that I disabled, and following is the code it used to include the widget for the old calendar plugin. I am looking for the equivalent to include the pro mini calendar in its place:

<?php if(!is_front_page()) : ?>
    <?php if (function_exists(‘calendar’)) : ?>
    <div id=”calendar” class=”calendar side-calendar”>
    <?php echo calendar(grabEventCatId()); ?>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

I of course first attempted to use function such as tribe_calendar_mini_grid() with no luck. Any ideas how I can get this to work?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I think I can help out here.

You should be able to use the WordPress function do_shortcode() on the mini calendar shortcode to get this to work.

Try adding this where you would like it to display:

<?php echo do_shortcode( '[tribe_mini_calendar]'); ?>

You can find more about the shortcode options here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/inserting-the-calendar-into-a-page-or-post/

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Jennifer
    Participant

Thank you for the help Brian…that worked great.

Jennifer
    Participant

I may have spoke too soon…none of the links in the mini calendar widget work. Looking through documentation now to try and figure out why.

Jennifer
    Participant

I also notice that when I use the basic shortcode in a page, the same issues are there:

[tribe_mini_calendar]

None of the links, other than the one upcoming event that shows up under the mini calendar, are working:

http://cal-abota.org/calendar-widget-test/

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok glad it is moving forward.

As for the errors I am seeing this in the console:

TypeError: $(…).colorbox is not a function Line 86

TypeError: b.browser is undefined
    http://cal-abota.org/wp-content/plugins/jquery-lightbox-for-native-galleries/colorbox/jquery.colorbox-min.js?ver=1.3.14
    Line 4

Looks like some issue with the Gallery Plugin you have. Fixing that should fix the mini calendar.

Let me know.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘PHP Code to include mini calendar in custom theme side bar?’ is closed to new replies.