photos when shared on Facebook

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus photos when shared on Facebook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    els76uk
    Participant

Hi, where does Facebook get the photo from when you share an event directly? For example, when a user enters this event, it shares completely the wrong photo to go with the link – one that doesn’t appear anywhere on the page.

I have Yoast WordPress SEO installed, and have given that a default photo to use in the event that no photo appears on the page – but it doesn’t use that photo either.

Barry

Hmm, well, I’m not honestly sure how Facebook determines that and imagine the exact strategy may even change periodically over time.

I do notice though that the most prominent image on that page is a woman with her tongue sticking out: if I attempt to share this in Facebook that is the very image it pulls in. Can you confirm that this is not your experience/let me know what image it is settling on?

els76uk
    Participant

Hmm, a couple of days ago, it wasn’t sharing that image. Maybe Facebook having a ‘funny moment’. I’ve noticed that it often pulls in the one wrong image each time, but I’ve just tried with a number of different posts which were each wrong a few days ago, and now they’re fine, so I imagine it was facebook playing up 🙂

Barry

It definitely could have been a glitch – sounds like all is good now though and I’ll close the thread. Thanks again and if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to open a new thread or threads as needed 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘photos when shared on Facebook’ is closed to new replies.