Photo view shortcode

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Photo view shortcode

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Cinnamon

Hello – I am trying to figure out if I can use the Photo View shortcode in the PRO version to accomplish my goal. I would like to be able to feed 3-4 events to a homepage grid. I see that the photo view does this, however, I’m not sure if I can set the number of events that get fed?

Also, is the Photo view always a “mosaic” format – meaning some boxes can be taller/shorter than others? Or can you force them all to be the same height?

Thanks for the information!

Trisha

Hello, Cinnamon!

Thank you for checking out The Events Calendar! I can help with this ?

Yes, the Photo View shortcode should be able to do what you need with a few caveats. You can’t limit the number of events in the shortcode itself but there is a setting in the Events Admin that allows you to limit events per page.

The photo view uses a script called ‘isotope’  that is set to the masonry layout for it’s layout, so yes, it is always going to be varying height. There is definitely a way to get around this with some custom code but that would be outside the scope of our support.

Another option might be for you to use our ‘tribe_events_query’ function. It would allow you to have full control over the styling and layout. The PHP is not very hard to write and most of the customization would go into the styling.

You can read more about that here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/custom-event-queries/

I hope this helps answer your question!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo view shortcode’ is closed to new replies.