Photo View not working after upgrade to 4.4.2

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Photo View not working after upgrade to 4.4.2

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    John Paul
    Participant

Hi, just upgraded to 4.4.2 on my staging site and Photo view is not working. The first link is the live site.

https://www.ashdowncookeryschool.co.uk/events/photo/

and this is what it should look like. Here is the Staging site

http://webnprosper.staging.wpengine.com/events/photo/

and only one course and you can see the rest for yourself.

Cliff

Hi, John.

I’ve seen some other users reporting this issue, but I haven’t been able to reproduce it.

I didn’t see any console errors at either of your links. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

On my local testing site, I even tried Divi version 3.0.34 (their latest version).

I see you’re using Divi parent theme version 2.7.10 on your production site and 3.0.34 on your staging site.

Please try troubleshooting the issue with which plugins you have activated and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

John Paul
    Participant

I updated Divi and the problem is the same.

John Paul
    Participant

So, the problem was the ‘loop.php’ file in my child structure. I had placed the photo pro files of content, loop, nav and single=event .php into my child folder as I had made edits to the content.php file. By deleting the loop.php file from the child folder, this sorted the problem. The new update loop.php has a chnage to some of the div classes and some new additions.

As a question: can you think of any reason why I might need the loop.php in my child folder if I do not intend to make any changes to it? I think I remember being told to add them all when I was editing the content.php. But perhaps my memory is not serving me well. appreciate your views.

Cliff

Great troubleshooting!

If you use Divi without a child theme, does Photo View work for you?

John Paul
    Participant

yes, but it is not the format I need, hence the child structure so I can edit the code to get what I want

Cliff

In that case, you’d be in custom development territory, for which we cannot provide such in-depth customization help, per our Scope of Support / Terms.

If there’s a code snippet you’d like me to put some eyes on or something else I can help you with, please update this ticket or create a new ticket if it’s a separate issue.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo View not working after upgrade to 4.4.2’ is closed to new replies.