Photo view displays vertical and not horizontal since EC Pro 4.4.2 update

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Photo view displays vertical and not horizontal since EC Pro 4.4.2 update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Martin
    Participant

Hey guys,

after updating event calendar pro to 4.4.2, my photo view doesn’t show up anymore horizontal… I’m not very into CSS and programming and would appreciate any help 🙂

I found the follwoing thread, but inserting the additional CSS didn’t really help.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Luis

Martin
    Participant

I just found out, that somehow not all of the individual changes made in my themes seem beeing applied to, since the update is been released.

I found out, that hiding the title “Anstehende Veranstaltungen” in themes/Luis/tribe-events/pro/photo/content.php didn’t affect the title and it was still displayed.

But hiding the title through deleting the corresponding code in plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/photo/content.php did affect and delete the title…

Maybe that information helps out somehow…

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by Martin.
    Hunter

Hey Martin 🙂

Thank you for posting to our premium plugin forums! Before we go any further, can you please review our Testing for conflicts guide and reply back with your findings?

What I typically do in these instances is use my ‘Inspect’ tool to identify CSS classes/IDs and test any changes in the browser before applying them. Please review this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video if you’re unfamiliar with the process. Our Using Google Chrome Developer Tools tutorial is also helpful.

Once I’ve got that information, I’ll have a better idea on how to proceed. Whether you’re being affected by any known issues or it is something new, we’ll act accordingly. Thanks again and have a great afternoon!

Martin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hunter

Hey Martin,

If you visit Events > Settings > Display > Basic Template Settings, do you currently have ‘Skeleton Styles’ selected? If so, can you try selecting another option and refresh your Photo view page to see if it has any effect on the behavior? This is another instance where you’ll need to test as explained in the Testing for conflicts guide to ensure there aren’t any theme and/or plugin conflicts.

We are aware of an issue with Photo view which resembles what you’re experiencing but I’ll need the results from the tests described above to confirm. Thanks and have a great weekend!

Hunter

In response to your reply, when users have custom templates they are responsible for updating them to match changes made in new releases – of course, we try to minimize disruption as far as possible. Also, we try to clue them in to things they should look for by providing useful data in Events > Help > Recent Template Changes. If you navigate there, you should see a list of recently updated templates (which changes each release).

You also might want to review our Themer’s Guide to ensure you’re saving customizations properly. Cheers 🙂

Martin
    Participant

Hello Hunter,

thanks for your reply. I’m sorry that I couldn’t answer sooner.

What I have activated as default under Events > Settings > Display > Basic Template Settings is ‘Complete Style’, using my theme’s CSS codes. If I change to ‘Skeleton Styles’ the photo view is completely hidden, doesn’t matter if I follow the steps of ‘Testing for conflicts’ or not. Activating ‘Tribe Event Style’ and repeating ‘Testing for conflicts’ doesn’t really affect anything, but at least it doesn’t hide the photo view…

I already read myself through the ‘Themer’s Guide’ and everything is set up fine. It has to, as everything was working perfect before I installed the update to 4.4.2 😉

Hunter

Welcome back,

I checked out Photo view on your site and see the issue you’re experiencing. I then attempted to reproduce the same behavior (events in one column, aligned to the left-hand side of the page) but was unable to.

Can you please send a screenshot of your Events > Settings > Display > Basic template settings screen? Can you also temporarily revert back to the default theme and deactivate all plugins other than ours, then send a screenshot of your Photo view page?

We have two logged bugs relating to Photo view but neither match the description of your issue. Please keep me updated and rest assured if there is a new bug, we’ll find it and get it addressed in an upcoming maintenance release.

Cheers!

Martin
    Participant

Hello Hunter,

attached you’ll find the screenshots you asked for. All plugins except Events Calendar Plugins are deactivated and the default theme is activated, aswell as ‘Full Styles’.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks for your help!

Hunter

Hey Martin,

I went ahead and tested again to see if I could reproduce the behavior, but as you can see in this short screencast I was unable to.

In the second screenshot you shared with me it appears you have plugins by other authors active and possibly your custom theme active. Could you possibly create a screencast similar to what I’ve shared with you to ensure I’m not missing a step to reproduce the issue.

As previously mentioned, without the ability to reproduce the conflict and since there aren’t any relative bugs logged at this time, there isn’t much I can do at this point. If I were you, I’d set up a fresh test site where you can fully troubleshoot until you find a resolution. Make sure WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG are enabled on your site’s wp-config.php file. Any errors will display at the top of your page as you try to reproduce the conflict. I also recommend right-clicking your mouse and opening the ‘Inspect’ tool to see if any errors display in the console. Note what you find and please include it in your reply.

I’d also try reverting to previous versions to see if you can narrow down when the issue begins for you.

Let me know what you find and take care!

Martin
    Participant

Hello Hunter,

since I updated to the new version, everything is working fine again. I totally don’t understand what the problem was, but I’m glad everything es fine.

Thanks for your time and your efforts though!

Hunter

Thank you for your continued patience while we explored all avenues! I’ll close this thread out but feel free to create a new one if you have any more questions or concerns. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Photo view displays vertical and not horizontal since EC Pro 4.4.2 update’ is closed to new replies.