phantom events appearing in the "related" section below my event…

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO phantom events appearing in the "related" section below my event…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Justin
    Participant

The calendar seems to consistently create phantom events in the ‘related’ section just below the event. I have included a screenshot of one such instance. When I click that link I’m taken to a valid event that has a different date. This happens across EVERY event for my calendar. Any advice on how to keep this from happening or turn of the ‘related’ section? I’ve already turned off the option in the settings for “related events”.

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Justin!

I’m sorry you’re having issues with the related events. I will try to help you figure this out.

It seems that it is pulling past events into the ‘related events’ area, and since they are recurring events, clicking the link takes you to the first instance of the event that has not already occurred.

Would you prefer to only show events in the related events section that haven’t happened yet, or do you want to disable related events all together?

Also, when you say you turned off the setting for related events, do you mean that you checked the checkbox in Events > Settings > Display tab for “Hide related events”?

Thanks,
    Sky

Sky
    Keymaster

Justin,

It has just come to my attention that those related events are actually being generated by Jetpack, and not The Events Calendar, which doesn’t show past events in the “related events” section. You will need to disable or configure this within Jetpack, and not in the Events Calendar settings.

Thanks,
    Sky

Justin
    Participant

Thanks for the pointer. I’ve found the setting and decided to post where to find it in case anyone else had the same issue. Within the jetpack settings, go to traffic->Related Posts and then make sure the button by “show related content after posts” is grayed out.

Sky
    Keymaster

Justin,

Awesome, glad that sorted it out. And thanks for sharing the location of the settings in Jetpack! Hopefully that will help future users with the same issue who may find this in the support forum.

Take care,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘phantom events appearing in the "related" section below my event…’ is closed to new replies.