Permalinks aren't working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Permalinks aren't working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Edward
    Participant

Hey guys,

I don’t have any other plugins installed, I’ve changed my permalinks structure multiple times, I’ve switched to twenty eleven..

Not sure why things aren’t working..

Edward
    Participant

I did a little more digging… hope this helps shed some light on the problem.

Here’s a URL to an event that has passed: http://aip.edu.pa/event/charla-11mo-grado/2013-11-21/

But the permalink I’m given at the event creation page is: http://aip.edu.pa/event/charla-11mo-grado/

It doesn’t have the /year-month-day/ format attributed to it.

I noticed that the links are accessible by adding that /year-month-day/ thing at the end of the URL by creating events far in the future.

Future events do show me a link with the /year-month-day/ bit in the permalink section below the event title section when I’m creating an event.

So, I suppose I have two problems.

1) why is this date format being added at the end of my URLs when my permalink structure doesn’t ask for it.

2) why aren’t my widget and calendar links linking the URL that works? I’d prefer it if my URLs didn’t require the /year-month-day/ thing that’s going on, but I wouldn’t mind it as much if the event links actually linked directly to them.

As a quick test to understand my problem please visit my calendar and click on any event. Once you land on the 404 page, please add the date in a /year-month-day/ format at the end of the URL. You’ll be able to see the event.

Really confused!

Please advise.

Barry

That is strange – I’m sorry you are having this frustrating experience.

I appreciate you have already largely conducted these troubleshooting steps, but just for clarity before we take things any further can you either repeat these steps or else confirm you performed them in these orders.

• Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a default and unmodified theme (please try Twenty Twelve if possible)
    • Visit the Settings → Permalinks admin screen (but you need change nothing/do not need to re-save)
    • Now check and see if those links behave as expected

If you are using or have previously used a caching plugin, please take especial care to ensure its effects are no longer extant (as various rules etc they put in place can persist after deactivation).

Let me know how that goes!

Edward
    Participant

I did follow the steps but what I didn’t do before was check if the calendar links worked in the default, unmodified themes. They do. I suppose the issue is theme related.. but I’m not sure why the theme would change the way the links are generated in the plugin.. is there anything in the calendar code that creates and asks for that date structure to be in place?

Edward
    Participant

actually, sorry, this is a bit confusing. I followed the instructions, tried out the calendar on twenty twelve.. and only past events work. Events in the future link to a 404 page. Past event links link directly to URLs with the /year-month-day/ bit and load properly but events in the future link to URLs with my single event slug and the event title, without the /year-month-day/ thing at the end..

Again, I’m wondering if the calendar is somehow asking for that URL permalink structure?

Edward
    Participant

A plugin reinstall resolved the issue.

Barry

(Closing this out!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Permalinks aren't working’ is closed to new replies.