Permalink Not Editable for Recurring Events After Most Recent Update

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Permalink Not Editable for Recurring Events After Most Recent Update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

I have the same issue as reported in https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/permalink-not-editable-for-recurring-events-after-most-recent-update/.

Is there any outlook on when a fix can be expected? Or is there a workable workaround? I created an event just now while forgetting to set the title, after which the event permalink was something like <site>/event/235235 and just deleted the entire event and started over again. Not to mention the profanities that slipped my mouth after discovering this šŸ˜‰

Geoff B.

Good evening HansĀ and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hearĀ that you are experiencing this known bug too.
    I want to apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

I have asked for a workaround for this. I’ll report my findings, but it is possible that this can only be fixed by a proper and complete Maintenance release.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned, you will be contacted when the fix is released. Keep in mind we have a more or less 2 weeks Maintenance release cycle and that this week’s release is already packaged (but unfortunately does not contain a fix for this issue).

In the meantime, it is less than ideal, but the only workaround is to change the slug straight in the DatabaseĀ šŸ™

Hang in there as I follow up on this for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks again, I’ve found a somewhat reasonable workaround, whenever the recurrence pattern isn’t too complex: Just remove the recurrence pattern, save the event, after which the permalink is editable again, then re-set the recurrence pattern.

Best regards,
    Hans

Geoff B.

Hey Hans,

Thank you for sharing your alternate workaround.
    I am sure it will help many as we wait for an official bug fix.

On my end, I reached to Dev to see if a quick fix could not be put together.
    Alas, the mechanisms behind this run too deep for that.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to report our latest Maintenance Release, version 4.4.3, which includes some fixes to recurring event URLS that should help with the issues reported here.

Learn more about the release here: https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-3-event-tickets-4-4-3-premium-add-ons/

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Permalink Not Editable for Recurring Events After Most Recent Update’ is closed to new replies.