Permalink conflict with Yoast SEO on recurring events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Permalink conflict with Yoast SEO on recurring events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Jen
    Participant

I’m not having a problem with search, and I don’t use breadcrumbs, but Yoast SEO is including “1970-01-01″ at the end of all the recurring event permalinks within my XML sitemaps. This is causing crawl errors. I’m using ECP and ECP Pro versions 2.0.4, and the above search patch is already incorporated. Any ideas?

Rob

Roger, Jen – thanks for posting. I’ve got a dev taking a look at this now so hopefully we can point you in the right direction here. Stay tuned.

Joey Kudish

Hey Jen,

Can you post a link to the site and sitemap in question please?

Thanks

Jen
    Participant
    Rob

Thanks Jen. I’ve got Joey looking into this now so he can report his findings from there. Stay tuned…

Joey Kudish

Hi Jen,

Thanks for sharing that. After reviewing the issue on your site, I tried to recreate it locally and sure enough it did the same thing for me. I’ve identified this is a bug on our end and will need to investigate it further in order to find the right solution and implement it. Once I do, it will become part of the next release. If possible and simple enough, we’lll update this thread with the solution but no guarantees on that end though.

Cheers
    Joey

Jen
    Participant

Any progress on this issue? I notice that it hasn’t been fixed in the recent releases.

Rob

Hi Jen. I see that every release since 2.0.3, we’ve made some progress on this but haven’t been able to resolve it in time for the next release. However I see that it was just moved out of the 2.1 queue and back into the 2.0.8 queue — which means it’s on track to be cleared up in July’s monthly maintenance release, which is just about 2 weeks out.

Thanks for your patience until then and my apologies for the delay so far. Let me know if I can do anything else here or if you have other questions/thoughts/comments. Cheers!

Jen
    Participant

No worries! Thanks for the update!

Nicolas
    Participant

Hello Rob,

Any news about the 2.0.8 to solve the issue with the yoast SEO plugin ?
    Sorry for the push but our agency is just about to update the calendar pro from 2.0.3 to to 2.0.7. I don;t want to pay a second time for the 2.0.8 😉

Nicolas
    Participant

and thanks a lot for your great work guys

Rob

Just a heads up, Jen, that as of this past week I need to sadly say that I was wrong in my last note; while this was on the docket for 2.0.8, we got a critical issue that arose and required us to shift our dev focus elsewhere – as a result this is still not-quite-completed and won’t be in the release when it comes tomorrow. However, I am all but positive we’ll have it in place for the August release in a few weeks. My apologies for letting you guys down in this regard.

Chris
    Participant

Just to note – this also happens with SEO Ultimate plugin and my sitemap.xml file. I’ve temporarily fixed it by patching the SEO ultimate plugin – but I hope that the fix that gets put with the August release helps with the SEO ultimate plugin as well as the Yoast SEO fix!

Rob

Thanks for the heads up here, Chris., If upon updating to the 2.0.9 build in August, you find that the issue persists…it’d be awesome if you could open up a new thread here indicating as much. We can from there do whatever is possible to assist.

Fingers crossed, though. Feel free to reach out if we can do anything more in the interim.

Timothy Wood
    Participant

There is a bug fix coming in the next release for this. In the meantime, if you look in The Events Calendar core plugin /lib/the-events-calendar.class.php around line 602 replace the function “addDateToRecurringEvents” with the following code:

public function addDateToRecurringEvents($permalink, $post) {
    if( function_exists(‘tribe_is_recurring_event’) && $post->post_type == self::POSTTYPE && tribe_is_recurring_event($post->ID) && !is_search()) {
    if( is_admin() && (!isset($post->EventStartDate) || !$post->EventStartDate) ) {
    if( isset($_REQUEST[‘eventDate’] ) ) {
    $post->EventStartDate = $_REQUEST[‘eventDate’];
    } else {
    $post->EventStartDate = TribeEvents::getRealStartDate( $post->ID );
    }
    }

if(!isset($post->EventStartDate) || !$post->EventStartDate)
    return $permalink;

if( ” == get_option(‘permalink_structure’) ) {
    return add_query_arg(‘eventDate’, TribeDateUtils::dateOnly( $post->EventStartDate ), $permalink );
    } else {
    return trailingslashit($permalink) . TribeDateUtils::dateOnly( isset($post->EventStartDate) ? $post->EventStartDate : null );
    }
    }
    return $permalink;
    }

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • The topic ‘Permalink conflict with Yoast SEO on recurring events’ is closed to new replies.