Periodic update didn't run for two weeks

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Periodic update didn't run for two weeks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Donna
    Participant

Hi-

We’re using the iCal importer with Office365. We had some events missing, so I checked and the import hadn’t run for two weeks. Last import was January 12.

Screenshot with times: http://imgur.com/Q7lb7yd

I’ve since run a manual import and will check to see if it’s updating henceforth, but is there a log that I can check to see why this happened? I want to be sure we prevent it in the future.

Thanks for your help.

Jon Arnold

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can help troubleshoot this with you.

Are you able to verify your cron is running on your site? To do that go to your wp-config.php file in the root of your site.

And see if you have this coding there:

define( ‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, true );

The iCal importer runs on the WordPress Cron, which relies on visits to the site to run.

We have more detailed information about it here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ical-importer-and-wordpress-scheduled-tasks/

Let me know what you find out.

Thanks

Donna
    Participant

Thanks for the help. Sorry I didn’t find that page before.

That line is not present in our wp-config.php.

I did install the WP Crontrol plugin to check things out and there is an error message. I took a screenshot too so you could see the schedule: http://imgur.com/CtQEAFd

Donna
    Participant

Also, the importer still has not updated since I manually did it yesterday.

Brian
    Keymaster

Ok,

That looks to be the source of this.

The cron is timing out or something else is not setup.

Without the cron the importer cannot automatically import.

Do you have a developer that setup the site and they could look at that? Or your hosting company could help out too.

After verifying the cron is working you would want to recreate the recurring event in ical and verify it shows in that list on WP Crontrol.

I can try to help out some here,but the WordPress cron is outside our plugin and not something I can troubleshoot for the most part.

But let me know.

Thanks

Donna
    Participant

I deleted the import task and readded it, and it is working now.

It looks like it wasn’t in the cron schedule at all. I didn’t know what the cron task would be called, but it is “tribe_events_ical-importer_do_scheduled_import”.

Brian
    Keymaster

I am glad to see you were able to figure it out. Thanks for providing the solution. I will recommend that in the future.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket. If you have a similar issue or another in the future, please do not hesitate to create a new ticket.

Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Periodic update didn't run for two weeks’ is closed to new replies.