.pdf tickets not attaching

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus .pdf tickets not attaching

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    xg5tat
    Participant

Tickets are selling, but .pdfs are not attaching to tickets sold.

This is causing problems.

You can test it yourself with this code: TESTED at this url. (All orders with that code will be deleted, of course, after this is figured out)
    http://tinyurl.com/ks6xuby

Nothing changed since .pdfs were attaching to product sales.

Barry

Hi xg5tat – I placed a test order and received a confirmation email. I’m still waiting upon the next email though, so can you confirm once you have marked the order as “completed” is it should be dispatched at that stage.

xg5tat
    Participant

Okay, I did that. Let me know.
    Regardless, that manual stage is irrelevant for tickets that are set up correctly. How do I automate that stage so it doesn’t need to be done manually?

Barry

I’ll wait a little longer and check again later. However, the first email I received was entitled Thank you for your order – and acknoweldged that an order was placed.

Once the order is marked complete I would then expect a further email entitled Your order is complete and the PDFs would be attached to this second email rather than the first.

So far I haven’t received it, though, so unless it arrives soon perhaps no order-complete emails are being dispatched? Would that fit with the general pattern of what you are seeing here – (ie, have you consistently been marking orders complete but customers aren’t receiving the order-complete email)?

Barry

Regardless, that manual stage is irrelevant for tickets that are set up correctly. How do I automate that stage so it doesn’t need to be done manually?

Just to clarify, it’s not irrelevant as if an order is not marked complete the tickets will not be dispatched.

Some users have worked around the need for manual intervention by editing the product (using the “Edit in WooCommerce” option) and setting it to a downloadable, virtual product type. So you could definitely give that a try.

xg5tat
    Participant

First I wasn’t marking them as complete, and the second message wasn’t being dispatched.
    Then I did some research, and found I was supposed to mark as complete. I did that for tickets (not for regular products that are in preorder, etc).
    In neither case were messages going out.

Thanks for the follow up. I appreciate it. I look forward to hearing more. Also, how do I automate this step for tickets? There’s no need for the step.

xg5tat
    Participant

I have indeed marked tickets as downloadable virtual tickets. (I only do will-call tickets, not mailable, which is why I figure it’s irrelevant). But customers still need the ticket .pdf.

Barry

They do indeed. What we need to figure out is why those order-complete emails aren’t being sent.

Can you try setting up a test product – it should be a simple, shipped product – then try purchasing it and of course mark the order complete. If you receive both emails (the initial order acknowledgement and the order complete email) then I would suspect the problem relates to your hosting environment – attachments may not be allowed or it may be tipping the balance and running in to a lack of memory.

If you still do not receive the second email then it could either be – once again – an environmental issue (perhaps emails to the same address cannot be sent in quick succession) or else it could be some other issue that you would need to take to WooThemes for help with.

xg5tat
    Participant

here is a free good.
    http://cinemapurgatorio.com/product/test-good
    the free shipping code is frsh.
    i “bought” one and again marked it authorized. again, nothing.
    i look forward to your reply.

meanwhile, again, please tell me how to remove this step for virtual tickets. there is just no need for it.

xg5tat
    Participant

i also sent a (non-woocommerce) test email through wordpress. it came through fine.

Barry

here is a free good http://cinemapurgatorio.com/product/test-good … i “bought” one and again marked it authorized. again, nothing.

OK. So since this doesn’t relate to WooTickets – it’s a regular WooCommerce product – this suggests the problem lies elsewhere. Can you repeat the same test having first deactivated WooTickets? That will give us a good indication as to whether the conflict is with WooTickets itself or perhaps relates to something else.

i also sent a (non-woocommerce) test email through wordpress. it came through fine.

Again because we know emails can be sent, this tends to suggest that perhaps the issues lies elsewhere, or WooCommerce itself hasn’t been fully configured.

But try the above test again without WooTickets being active and we’ll have a better picture of what’s happening.

Barry

meanwhile, again, please tell me how to remove this step for virtual tickets. there is just no need for it.

This will be addressed in the next release of WooTickets (when tickets will be virtual products by default). Until then you would need to adjust this manually or else develop a solution of your own, I’m afraid.

xg5tat
    Participant

I think I found the problem.
    I had turned off the completed shipping email in admin.php?page=woocommerce_settings&tab=email&section=WC_Email_Customer_Completed_Order true, as it didn’t seem necessary. I didn’t realize that the ticket only attached to a second email sent at that point.

Is there a way to attach the message to the first email? The two-stage email thing isn’t necessary for virtual tickets.

Barry

That’s probably possible but it isn’t a customization we can help you with, I’m afraid.

In most cases it would not be advisable to ship a product (or send/link to a virtual product) until payment is captured. That won’t necessarily be the case earlier on in the process, which is why it waits until the order complete email.

You could certainly log a feature request for this over on UserVoice – others can then show their support and the dev team can make their assessment.

My own concern would be that this is simply the wrong way to approach the problem (at least for most people) but that isn’t to say it doesn’t make sense for you, in which case you are certainly free to customize away 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘.pdf tickets not attaching’ is closed to new replies.