PDF Tickets not attached to E-Mails

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus PDF Tickets not attached to E-Mails

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    pulsarfestival
    Participant

Hello Modern Tribe Team,

I am using the Event Tickets Plus Plugin an have installed and activated the PDF Tickets extension (https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/).

when a user now buys a ticket I am able to see his PDF ticket in the wp-admin Attendees Report, but the user will not recive the ticket as an attachment with his “Your tickets from {site_name}” E-Mail.

Do I need to set some extra settings for this?

I’m using WooCommerce as a ecommerce Plugin.

Thank you

Cliff

Hi.

Sorry you’re experiencing this. One other user reported this happening only with paid tickets (free via RSVP or WooCommerce worked fine). Is this the same at your site?

Do you have any settings or WooCommerce extensions that affect an order’s status, such as not moving to Completed status in the default way? Reference: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/managing-orders/

pulsarfestival
    Participant

Hello Cliff,

One other user reported this happening only with paid tickets (free via RSVP or WooCommerce worked fine). Is this the same at your site?

Yes its the same – for RSVP it works fine and the PDF will be attached to the E-Mail.

Do you have any settings or WooCommerce extensions that affect an order’s status, such as not moving to Completed status in the default way?

At the beginning my settings where “send tickets when order status is Completed” in Events > Settings > Tickets.
    I modified my functions.php so that my orders will move to Completet automatically with this code:
    `
    /**
    * Auto Complete all WooCommerce orders.
    */
    add_action( ‘woocommerce_thankyou’, ‘custom_woocommerce_auto_complete_order’ );
    function custom_woocommerce_auto_complete_order( $order_id ) {
    if ( ! $order_id ) {
    return;
    }

$order = wc_get_order( $order_id );
    $order->update_status( 'completed' );

}
    `

After your reply I decided to change my settings (Events > Settings > Tickets) to “send tickets when order status is Processing”. After this change the PDF Ticket got attached to the Ticket E-Mail but the price of the ticket was 0€ at this time for testing purposes.

Now that I have integrated the payment gateways and tested again I am facing the same problem – No PDF File attached to the E-Mail.

pulsarfestival
    Participant

What I found out now (after integration of payment gateways) is that the Ticket E-Mail will only be send if “send tickets when order status is Completed” is selected in Events > Settings > Tickets.

Is there a way to “auto complete” my order and receive the PDF with the ticket E-Mail?

Thank you,
    Fabian

Cliff

Thanks for your efforts here.

Here’s a screenshot of what I see in the Tickets tab settings: https://cl.ly/2Z1M0n3e092o

Do you have something different or is that setting elsewhere in the settings?

pulsarfestival
    Participant

I see the same settings as in your screenshot and also have the same settings selected right now.

For testing purposes I also selected “Pending Payment” at “When schould tickets be emailed to customers” -> In this case the PDF was attached to the email. But I don’t want so send the tickets before payment.

pulsarfestival
    Participant

Any suggestions on how I could solve this problem?

Cliff

Sorry for the delayed reply.

Which payment gateway are you using?

pulsarfestival
    Participant

Hello Cliff,

I am using the standard PayPal payment gateway (the one thats already included in WooCommerce) and the Sofortüberweisung (sofortgateway) – I have testet both but PDF was not attached.

I have added some Screenshots of my Events Calendar & WooCommerce Settings – maybe that helps to find the problem.

On the WooCommerce Status Page it says:
    “Event Tickets Extension: PDF Tickets by Modern Tribe, Inc. – 1.0.0 – Not tested with the active version of WooCommerce”
    Is it maybe working if I use a older version of WooCommerce?

thanks so far,
    Fabian

pulsarfestival
    Participant

more screenshots

Cliff

Thanks so much for this information. That WooCommerce status report error is because “WC tested up to: x.x.x” isn’t in the plugin’s header. I will consider adding that in a future version, but the warning is scarier than it looks.

I’ll look into this further and get back to you sometime next week. Thanks for your patience.

pulsarfestival
    Participant

Hello,
    are there any news regarding this issue?

Cliff

Hi. So sorry my long outage wasn’t covered by another team member.

We’re currently dealing with a high volume of support questions so we’re trying to handle all that. However, this is something I will try to get some time dedicated to soon (1-3 weeks).

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Cliff

Hi. We published an update to PDF Tickets at https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/

Version 1.1.0 fixes the issue of PDFs not being attached to emails as you reported.

See the changelog, update to Version 1.1.0, and let us know how it works for you.

Thanks for contributing by sharing your feedback!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘PDF Tickets not attached to E-Mails’ is closed to new replies.