Paypal Error using Credit Card: "the card issuer declined your purchase"

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Paypal Error using Credit Card: "the card issuer declined your purchase"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    muslimmarketing
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m having problem paying with credit card on a site I’m working on. I can pay via my Paypal account but when it comes to paying with credit card (visa, mastercard etc) via Paypal I get this message.

“We’re sorry, but the card issuer declined your purchase using card Visa/Delta/Electron x-••••. Please enter a new card to continue payment.”

I have tried 5 different visa cards and I’m still getting the same result. I have also purchased something from a different website using the same process to see if it was my card and it worked fine.

I’m a little stuck as to what it could be any ideas?

Regards
    Gary

Brian
    Keymaster

Hey Gary,

Sorry for the issues you are having. I can try to help troubleshoot this a little with you, but since it is on the Paypal site not sure how much I can do.

From what I understand Paypal’s message is saying your bank declining the payment, but as you said it works in other places.

Not sure why it is doing that. I did a google search and found other people with the same issue, but no one had a resolution.

I would start with the bank or company issuing the card and see if they can tell you why it is being declined and then checked with Paypal.

Not sure what else we can do to help on this one.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Paypal Error using Credit Card: "the card issuer declined your purchase"’ is closed to new replies.