PayPal Error

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus PayPal Error

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by james baker design.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    james baker design
    Participant

Good afternoon.

I purchased and installed Event Tickets Plus on a client site and ran a test run to see if any issues would pop up. My test subject sent me an email that there was a PayPal error. Here is the response my test subject received:

PayPal error (2): An error (2) occurred while processing your PayPal payment. Please contact the store owner for assistance.

Can you please help me understand and resolve this issue.

Thank you so much.

James
    [email protected]

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello James,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m sorry about this PayPal issue.

The PayPal payment gateway is not maintained by us, so we cannot provide support for it.

I would suggest to go through the documtentation:

and make sure that all settings are properly set.

Also note that in case you want to use the sandbox feature of PayPal for testing, then you will need to set up a developer account at PayPal here.

In case you believe the issue is related to Event Tickets Plus, then first please go through this article about stock troubleshooting. Although the tile of the article is different, the testing process, whether this is an issue with our plugin or not, is the same.

Let me know what you find.

Cheers,
    Andras

james baker design
    Participant

Andras,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I resolved the issue. However, there is now another error message:

Tried to register for the IAMA conference twice and kept getting the message
    “No available payment methods for your Stateā€.

What does this mean and how can I fix this?

James

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi James,

I’m not quite sure, as payment processing is not handled by our plugins.

I can think of 2 things.

Either your payment gateway (PayPal Express) is set up in a way that it doesn’t allow payment from that state. There are some settings in WooCommerce (maybe through another plugin) where you can limit what payments are allowed by shipping address and so on.

Or PayPal itself doesn’t allow PayPal Express (or whatever gateway you are trying to use) from that state. If it’s this one than this is a PayPal-thing.

I’d suggest to reach out to reach out to WooCommerce support, as this is handled by them.

Cheers,
    Andras

james baker design
    Participant

I really need help. I purchased the Events Tickets Plus and it is not working. I don’t understand why my issues can’t be resolved. I’m under pressure because people are expecting to purchase the tickets and they can’t. Now I am being told that it is a WooCommerce issue, so I should talk to them. Then I am being told that it is a PayPal issue. My head is spinning and I can’t figure out what to do.

James

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi James,

I totally understand your frustration and I’m really sorry you are having issues with PayPal. I am trying to help you as much as I can, however PayPal issues are beyond our control.

Here is what I can suggest you to try, to find out whether it really is a PayPal issue or if it is something with Event Tickets Plus.

• Switch your theme to twentysixteen or twentyseventeen.
    • Deactivate ALL plugins, and activate only WooCommerce.
    • Make sure WooCommerce is set up properly
    • Set up the built-in PayPal gateway in WooCommerce
    • Create a WooCommerce product
    • Make a test purchase and see if all goes well

If you get the same error here, then this is likely a WooCommerce / PayPal issue.

If all works fine and you don’t get an error and the purchase goes through, then:

• Activate the WooCommerce PayPal Express Checkout Gateway plugin and set it up
    • Make a test purchase and see if that goes through

If you get an error here, then there is something wrong with the setup of that plugin or there is a bug in the plugin.

If there are no errors, then start activating the other plugins and keep checking if it still works. If it stops working after a plugin is activated, then that plugin is causing an issue.

After all plugins are active, then change to your theme and check.

I hope this help. I will be here in case you need further support. Note however that if the issue is with PayPal, I’m not really able to help you. In that case you can turn to WooCommerce support.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘PayPal Error’ is closed to new replies.