Paypal and registration options within Event Calendar Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Paypal and registration options within Event Calendar Pro

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Worth

I’m looking to purchase the Event Calendar Pro (https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/) [although I already purchased the first version], but I need to know if it is possible or how difficult it would be to add a registration process to this. I’m pretty confident with PHP and plugin development but not always so great taking about someone else’s work. So I need to know if this can be done, how difficult it would be (maybe some tips on how to approach it), and if there would be any support for this if I was to purchase this app and use it for my current project.

Essentially I need a registration button on the event page or calendar that will lead the visitor to register/login (buddypress form) if they haven’t already and then prefill a registration form with an option to pay for the event through paypal.

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate any help you can provide since I need to complete this pretty quickly.

Rob

Hey Nick. Thanks for reaching out and for your interest in the PRO release. Happy to answer any questions you may have best I can.

If the registration component in Eventbrite Tickets didn’t meet your needs (which allows for you to host “free” events and have people register for tickets to those, effectively adding a registration aspect) and you didn’t want to customize Community Events to make it work (which could be doable with the right finesse), it might be worth trying to hack something together with Gravity Forms.

While we don’t have any officially supported GF integration, I know a handful of users are hacking it to make it work along the lines of what you’ve requested here. Other solutions might be possible with third-party plugins as well.

We may have an official, simple RSVP component coming at some point down the road too…we’ve had a number of requests for that since launching 2.0 and I suspect it’d be worthwhile. However if we added that it’d still be a ways out and probably wouldn’t see the light of day until early 2013 at the soonest.

Additionally, other users here on the forum may have ideas. I’ll leave the thread open so folks can chime in as they see fit. Hope this helps and sorry I couldn’t offer up more. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Paypal and registration options within Event Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.