Payment Captured But Status Not Changed to Completed

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Payment Captured But Status Not Changed to Completed

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    codycdalton
    Participant

A customer placed an order for a ticket on an event a week ago. The payment was captured (which was confirmed via a phone call with the payment processor), but the order status has not changed to “Completed”. Every other order on that event worked as expected. There does not seem to be anything unique about this particular order – it was placed through the front end of the site like all the others and only contained tickets to this event.

I am using the SecureSubmit payment gateway with WooCommerce. All my plugins are updated. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Cody,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I’m sorry to hear about this issue with the payment status.

Do I understand correctly that this only happened on occasion and not with every order? Does this happen regularly?

If this is only a one-off case then you can manually set the order status on the WooCommerce order page to completed and click ‘update’. The order will be completed and depending on your setting the client will likely get the ‘order completed’ email and another email with the tickets.

Please note though that payment processing and handling is done outside of our plugins. It’s in the ballpark of WooCommerce and your payment gateway plugin. Your best shot would be reaching out to them.

Let me know if I can assist you any further.

Cheers,
    Andras

codycdalton
    Participant

This is the first time we have noticed this. I can manually set the status to completed, but would prefer to understand the cause of this issue and potential solution I could implement – we were not sure whether the payment had gone through as the status was not reliable.

I have reached out to WooCommerce, thanks for your time.

Andras
    Keymaster

You’re very welcome, Cody!

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please create a new ticket and we’ll be happy to help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: We’d be grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Thanks!

PS2: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would also be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Much appreciated!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar/
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/event-tickets/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Payment Captured But Status Not Changed to Completed’ is closed to new replies.