Paths to customise venue event template/page + date picker popup

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Paths to customise venue event template/page + date picker popup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Hi Tri.be,

I hope the following is not a silly question as I did look through the FAQs but could not find anything obvious.

Can someone please point me to:

1. The path location of the template file (or files) that renders the <my site>/venue/<some venue I have added in the backend> as I would like to re-arrange the markup to place the venue meta data in the right side column and have the top of the page render out the venue name only followed by the upcoming gigs/events for that venue. Once I know the file or files involved and their locations I assume I can simply copy the files and parent folder structure above them to my theme to over ride them and leave the core untouched.

2. Can I also get the location (or locations) of the pop date picker configuration file. I have the ultimate bundle if that helps. Is the date picker config file global to the ultimate bundle or is there an instance of the date picker under each plugin folder in the ultimate bundle that requires it? In the first instance I am assuming there is a setting in the javascript that will allow me to have the pop up date picker show just 1 month rather than the 3 months that show by default on the Community Events front end submission form that is located at <my site>/events/community/add

3. I know this last question is mostly unrelated to the ultimate bundle, but still, if you guys have any resources/tutorials that explain best practice to inject Event Calendar markup into right column areas? My web design/dev skill background is HTML/JS/CSS/PHP/MySQL but not for WordPress. Specifically,

* As above at point 1, I would like to adjust the PHP/markup that renders <my site>/venue/<some venue I have added in the backend> and place the venue metadata and venue map etc in the right column just for this venue type of page, i.e., over ride the default right side bar that renders at the moment that comes from Appearance > Widgets > (whatever has been dropped into the Primary widget area). Is this customisation theme related or Events Calendar Pro page template related? Do you have any tips, suggestions or a clear set of directions/resources that explain how to do this. I assume it should be possible?

Thanks,
    Ben

Cliff

Hi, Ben.

In our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your additional questions from this thread. Thanks for your understanding, and I’ll answer only your first question.

The single Venue template file is located at /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/single-venue.php

You’ll want to copy this file to /wp-content/themes/YOUR-CHILD-THEME/tribe-events/pro/views/pro/single-venue.php and then make your edits there.

Please reference our Themer’s Guide for more details and let me know if you have any follow-up questions about this issue.

Ben
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for your help, I’ll keep each post to one issue from now.

Let’s focus on question 1 as you have directed. I already knew the location of single-venue.php and I also understand how to over-ride it, but thanks for clarifying that my understanding is correct. I apologise for not being 100% clear about that.

To confirm, it is quite easy to copy the single-venue.php file to my theme and cut out the PHP/HTML i don’t want and click save. That’s simple.

What I want to understand is, what is Events Calendar’s preferred best practice (location) for placing the cut PHP/HTML so that it renders in the right column that appears alongside the content in the single-venue.php file.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers,
    Ben

Cliff

Thanks for clarifying, Ben.

I’m assuming your sidebar is generated from your theme or some other way outside of the single-venue.php file, in which case there isn’t an easy way to implement this. However, it could probably be done by creating your own shortcode or other custom code.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Please let me know if I can look over some code for you if you get stuck.

Ben
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

Thanks, I’ll start investigating and if I have any questions I’ll post back a new thread.

Please feel free to close this one off.

Cheers,
    Ben

Cliff

Sounds good. Thanks, Ben. I hope it goes well for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Paths to customise venue event template/page + date picker popup’ is closed to new replies.