Past Events – list view

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Past Events – list view

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniela
    Participant

Hi!

On the list view of the Events Calendar, when we go to the Past Events, is there a way to show the most recent events on the top instead of the oldest ones?

Thank you,
    Daniela

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Daniela,

Great question you poster here, thank you.

That might be possible however it would require some coding and customization which falls beyond the scope of our support.

I can try to help get you started on customizations but for the most part you are going to have to take it on to complete, or you can hire a developer to do that for you. (If you need, I can share with you a list of developers who might be able to help you out with this.)

The challenge lies in the following:

By default, when listing events (past or future), they are sorted by date increasingly. So for future events that is from today forward, for past events it’s from the oldest to today.

If I understand correctly you want to change this sorting order only for the events in the past, so they are sorted from today backwards.

To achieve this you will need to tap into how the query is done in the different scenarios, and so that it only affects events.

There are some plugins dealing with custom ordering of posts, you might give those a try as well, although I didn’t test any of them.

I hope this clarifies. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Daniela
    Participant

Hello Andras,

That’s exactly it 🙂 many thanks for your reply!
    We do have a developer working with us now – we will try to investigate and come to you if we have any question.

Cheers,
    Daniela

Andras
    Keymaster

Great, happy I could provide some useful info to you.

I am going to close this ticket as resolved, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please open a new ticket in the forum and we will be happy to help you out.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugins, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/the-events-calendar/reviews/

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Past Events – list view’ is closed to new replies.