Past Events can't be found via Posts 2 Posts

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Past Events can't be found via Posts 2 Posts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marty
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve encountered an issue with ETC + Posts 2 Posts.

Past Events can’t be found via the Posts 2 Posts metaboxes on the Edit screen. If an Event is given an event date in the future it can be found and associated. But if the event date is changed to be in the past, it can not be found.

Also, once an event becomes past, it will no longer appear in the metabox as being associated. This means associations made to an event when it was “future” can’t be undone once it’s “past.”

I thought this might be a recently introduced bug, but tested down to ECP 3.9.0 and it persists. I also tested down to P2P 1.6.0, and it persists. Looks like this has always been an issue, though I’ve never noticed it before?

Though it involves interplay with another plugin, I do hope that you can please help me find a solution to this vexing problem!

Thanks in advance,

Marty

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Marty,

Thanks for using our plugins. I can try to help out here, but I am limited in support 3rd party coding conflicts.

I did load up a copy of Posts 2 Posts, but do not have any connection types so I could not test.

Can you share you connection coding so I can test out.

I cannot promise anything unfortunately, but will see if I find anything.

Thanks

Marty
    Participant

For sure! Here’s an example, as plugin:

https://gist.github.com/halfempty/792ba7ba811448754327

Marty
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the information. It looks like this is a new issue not reported before. So although we did make changes this is was never reported nor resolved.

It is unclear why their coding is not reading old events, we do not unpublished them so I am not sure what the issue is.

Have you tried asking them? It is their coding not reading our events so they might have a better idea and if it turns out we need to make a change on our end we would be open to do that. Or at least inform us where the coding is in their plugin and we can take a look that way.

Let me know.

Thanks

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Past Events can't be found via Posts 2 Posts’ is closed to new replies.