Past event left in cart checkoutable

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Past event left in cart checkoutable

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Geet Jacobs
    Participant

Hello there,

We keep having returning customers who are purchasing events that were in the past. They left them in their carts and when they go back to the cart they can purchase those event tickets even after it expires.

Have you had any issues with this? Is there a way to stop past events from being registered for?

Thanks!

Hi Dale,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Once an event has passed, users should not be able to purchase tickets for that event.  As a first troubleshooting step, can you try updating your Events Calendar related plugins to the most recent versions and see if that resolves the issue?

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Geet Jacobs
    Participant

I updated The Events Calendar & The Events Calendar PRO, but I did not update Event Tickets & Event Tickets Plus yet as you all just released 4.7 and almost every time a major update happens things break with PayPal launch and the huge amount of added hooks and functions I need to wait on our live site for the next bug fix release.

Also to confirm, people cannot add past events to the cart, but if the event is in the cart from before it “ended” those are usually not purchasable?

My versions currently
    The Events Calendar – Version 4.6.12
    The Events Calendar PRO – Version 4.4.24.2
    Event Tickets – Version 4.6.3.1
    Event Tickets Plus – Version 4.6.2

Thanks for your time!

Hi Dale,

If a ticket to a past event is left in someone’s cart, that can be a loophole into them purchasing the ticket.  However, this ticket is marked as Processing, so you can choose to then cancel the order for that purchase.

You can delete the tickets for past events or delete past events so that tickets cannot be purchased for your past events.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked the above response as the Correct Answer, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Past event left in cart checkoutable’ is closed to new replies.