Passing Auto-Detected Location to Filter Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Passing Auto-Detected Location to Filter Bar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tkwalker
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to setup my site to auto-detect a user’s location on the homepage and pass that information to the Filter Bar on the Event Browser page so that the event are automatically filtered using the user’s location. I’m using the Geoplugin and I’ve successfully captured the user’s location and when the user clicks on Event Browser, the location is passed to the Filter Bar in the Near field. The issue I am having is the moment I click on Previous or Next, it seems to break the filtered search and stop showing events. When I attempt to filter by Category, it’s only fetching two events. All the events are coming from the Facebook Importer plugin from you. Can you help me with this situation?

Steps to recreate issue:
    1. Go to eventgrabber.com/demo
    2. You should notice your location on the image
    3. Click on Event Browser
    4. You should notice your location has been passed to the Near field
    5. Observe the number of events, their categories and Venue
    6. Now toggle the Event Categories from the Filter Bar or click Next or Previous
    7. All or no events are being returned and I can not get back to the original state unless I go to the home page and back to the Event browser page again.

Not sure where you are located but if there are no events for your city, simply go to the Homepage and change your location to Orlando, FL.

Thanks,
    TK

Geoff

Hi there tkwalker and welcome back!

First off, nice site. I love what your doing here. 🙂

I gave the auto-location detection a try and all seemed to work as expected. My location was properly captured and displayed 6 events in my area. I added and removed category filters and the number and type of events that displayed were correct.

I also gave it a try for a different location and received the same results.

The one thing I did notice is that the Previous and Next links seem to show up by default, even when there are no more events in either direction. I attempted to recreate the issue in my local setup, but everything seemed to work there as well. Is there a chance there is a conflict with your theme or one of the other installed plugins here? Will you please try these troubleshooting steps to see if we can pinpoint where that would be coming from?

Thanks!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there! This thread’s been quiet for a couple of weeks so I’m going to go ahead and close it. Please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if you still have questions here and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Passing Auto-Detected Location to Filter Bar’ is closed to new replies.