Paid membership?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Paid membership?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wilf

Hi there, I’m building a site for a client, and he needs the ability to let three different bands of members sign up and create events. Band one is a free membership and their events must be approved by the webmaster before they are published. Band two is a paid membership of £5 – these members can post events without moderation. Band three is a paid membership of £10 and these users can also post events without restriction.

So the plugin needs to be able to a) accommodate different types of membership, b) charge people the correct amount for their membership during sign up, and c) give a member the ability to publish with or without moderation depending on the membership they sign up for.

Does the Community Events plugin provide this functionality? I’ve looked through the primer and I’m not sure it does, but I’m hoping you’ll correct me on that.

If Community Events doesn’t have all of this functionality, is there another plugin that could be used in conjunction with CE to create this user experience?

One more question: Is Events Calendar PRO a requirement for the community events extension, or is vanilla Events Calendar enough?

Hoping to work with your plugin very soon!

Wilf

Barry

Hi Wilf,

Community Events allows users to submit events without accessing the dashboard/admin areas – out of the box it can optionally lock things down so only authenticated users are allowed to make submissions and/or moderation can be enforced by making the default post status draft (or something else, depending on what you feel is suitable).

Beyond that, things like adding layers such as different tiers of users with different levels of moderation, etc, are not supported. It certainly has been built expressly with customization in mind though  – there are plenty of filters and action hooks if you’re familiar with that paradigm of WordPress development – so there’s no reason you couldn’t build what you need, with or without any other plugins that might reduce the total amount of work you need to do here (such as a membership plugin).

One more question: Is Events Calendar PRO a requirement for the community events extension, or is vanilla Events Calendar enough?

PRO is not required – our free, core plugin is sufficient by itself in order to run Community Events. If you do also have PRO however then various features like recurring events are also inherited by Community Events.

I hope that answers your questions but please don’t hesitate to let me know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Paid membership?’ is closed to new replies.