Pages conflict with submitting events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Pages conflict with submitting events

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    miken110
    Participant

Hi guys, this is a customization problem and not a bug that will affect many people.

I know this has to do with my D&D headway theme, but here is my issue. My site bcstreak.streaku.com has a calendar at bcstreak.streaku.com/events

Every page of my site has a box at the top that displays a place to sign up for our newsletter (as far as wordpress is concerned, this is a page). So when you go to http://bcstreak.streaku.com/events/community/add
    the community events calendar replaces that box and the page below with the add form. I couldn’t figure out how to fix this. I am a FEWD so if you give me the code to change I can do that.

It happens on the http://bcstreak.streaku.com/events/community/list
    page as well. Let me know what I need to do, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Mike

Casey
    Participant

Mike,
    Thanks for reaching out! I’d be happy to point you in the right direction. You can customize the PHP views that Community is using by performing a template override. Here’s how to do this:

1) Just create the following new directory structure in your theme directory: โ€˜/tribe-events/communityโ€™

2) After doing that, go to โ€˜wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/community/โ€™ and copy over all files to the new directory you created in Step 1.

Then you can modify any of the PHP files you copied over, and not worry about your changes being lost when you update the plugin.

Hope that helps! Just let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

miken110
    Participant

Does this fix my problem? Do you understand my question?

Casey
    Participant

Mike,
    It looks like this is a conflict with your theme. It looks like you have a couple of options:

1. You could hide that section only on the Community events pages. You could do this with some custom CSS styles, by pasting the following code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/6809345
    2. You could use the default Events Template only for your Community pages, by copying over ‘/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/default-template.php’ to your theme directory, and then pasting the following code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/7914377 (making sure to change line #4 to ‘default-template.php’).

Give one of those options a shot and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

miken110
    Participant

Awesome! That worked, now for one more question pertaining to my site at bcstreak.streaku.com

I use the events widget to display events on my homepage. Underneath the “View all events” link can I put a “add an event” link. How would I do this? Thanks for your help!

Mike

miken110
    Participant

NEVERMIND, I figured out how to do that, AWESOME.

But now I want to add text above the Calendar on the bcstreak.streaku.com/events page

Like an explanation of the calendar and a link to submitting events. Let me know how to do this. Thank you so much and sorry for all the questions, ALMOST DONE!

Mike

Casey
    Participant

Mike,
    No worries! Glad to hear you’re digging in and figuring everything out. You’ll want to check out the Themer’s Guide that has all kinds of information about how to customize your calendar and perform template overrides.

That should have all of the information you’re needing to add some text to your Calendar, but feel free to give me a shout if you still have further questions. Thanks for being a customer! ๐Ÿ™‚

-Casey-

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Pages conflict with submitting events’ is closed to new replies.