Pagelines Pro (Framework) and ECP… styling tips?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Pagelines Pro (Framework) and ECP… styling tips?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Markland
    Participant

I recently set up Pagelines Pro (using the framework theme) for my site, and just added ECP.

The only problem I see so far as that ECP has stripped out styling such as background image and colors.

Is there an easy way to tie these together? I’m a moron with CSS, so would prefer to avoid having to completely relearn each CSS to match each Pagelines style… but understand this may be unavoidable.

(BTW – I had used an earlier version of ECP, which I previously deleted, but it looks like the new version has been able to retain categories and old events… should I be worried that some old, custom ECP css could end up causing a conflict?)

Rob

Hey David. Thanks for the note here, and for your purchase of the PRO plugin. Any chance I can see a link to your site? Would definitely help us in figuring out what’s up and trying to advise you from there.

By and large, the plugin *should* pick up the site’s overall styling. You sometimes need to play around with this a bit to make sure everything looks 100% perfect…but the easiest place to start is going to Events -> Settings -> Template and switching to a different templating option from the dropdown there. Try out each of the ones presented and see which works best for you, and if it clears up some of these styling issues you’ve noted.

The categories and events will remain in the database from a previous version of Events Calendar PRO; but so long as you’ve removed the custom CSS from your ‘events’ folder in the theme directory, you should be set and won’t see a conflict. If your old code overrides are still present, though, that could definitely be a problem.

Hope this helps. Let me know about those points above and I’ll do what I can to elaborate as needed.

David Markland
    Participant

Thanks, Rob.
    Well, well… I don’t think I had a problem afterall. The event looks fine when published, but in “preview” mode strips out background element.
    Alas, not really a problem. Thanks for your help and thoughts regardless!

Site is here: http://creepyla.com/blog/
    Sample event: http://creepyla.com/blog/event/85th-annual-rudolph-valentino-memorial/

Rob

Ah, fantastic! That’s weird that the preview isn’t showing the same thing as the finished product (I’ll have to get the team to take a look at why that’d be happening), but I’m glad the actual published event looks as it should. Site is looking sweet!

Sounds like you’re all set here so I’m going to close out the thread…but please let us know if you need anything else in the future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Pagelines Pro (Framework) and ECP… styling tips?’ is closed to new replies.