Page Template Issues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Page Template Issues

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by rachel.ryersonaflc.org.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I wanted to use our “landing page” event template, which removes the top image. But when I choose that template it does not remove the top image. How do I remove the top banner image before the event calendar?

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi Rachel!

Thanks for reaching out. I will try to help with your question.

Do you mean the image that shows above your main calendar page? This must be being added either directly in the page template you are using, or it is being added to an action hook that is in your template.

Can you share your template file with me? I can take a look to see if there’s something obvious. You can upload it to a file sharing service of your choice and share the link, or you can paste in in something like github gists and share the link for that. https://gist.github.com/

Thanks,
    Sky

The template file is pretty small..below is the code. Whenever I choose this as my template on all other pages I do not get the image at the top. Just when I choose it for the calendar.

<?php
    /**
    * Template Name: Landing Page
    **/
    get_header();?>
    <div id=”main-home-content” class=”home-content home-page container” role=”main”>
    <?php
    // Start the Loop.
    while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
    the_content();
    endwhile;
    ?>
    </div><!– #main-content –>
    </div></div></div>
    <?php wp_footer();

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi again,

Thanks for providing that. It looks like something is adding that content to “the_content” filter. Themes and plugins can attach content to that filter, before or after the content. Typically, they would target a particular post type, category etc and use a conditional to determine whether the content should be added on a given page.

Unfortunately, just about every template is going to use “the_content” so you would have to find out where the action is being added, and hopefully there is a way to remove and then recreate it with the logic you need. But this will require a little PHP and knowledge of the WordPress actions api. You might try temporarily switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme and/or disable plugins one by one until you figure out what is adding this content, and then look at the settings for that theme or plugin. Also worth checking in your child theme’s functions.php file to see if it’s being added there.

Also, when choosing “default events template” the image still shows up?

Thanks,
    Sky

I am using the below css to remove the image on posts. What selector do I need to use so I can also remove it on the page with the calendar or event pages?

.single-post .top_site_main {
    display: none;
    }

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

For the main calendar pages, you can use the “.post-type-archive-tribe_events” class.

For the single events pages, you can use “.single-tribe_events”

All the pages also use “.tribe-events-style-theme” with your current settings, so you could use that to target everything with one selector.

Hope that helps!

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Template Issues’ is closed to new replies.