Page Refreshing when 'show all categories' link is clicked

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Page Refreshing when 'show all categories' link is clicked

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

A few days ago I noticed that our categories were no longer all visible on the submit event form like they were before. Now, when I click the ‘show more categories’, the other categories will appear for a few seconds, but then the page refreshes back to it’s original state.

I’ve tried deactivating all my plug ins to check for a possible conflict, but the form behaves the same way.

You can see it here — http://calendar.thealtlife.com/events/community/add

I love the Events Calendar and all of the plugins, but the way categories are handled on this form is really not very user / developer friendly at all… 🙁

Geoff

Hello there, Robyn! Welcome back to the forums and thanks for getting in touch. 🙂

Would it be possible for you to open up the Community Events form to anonymous visitors so I can take a look and see what’s happening? Right now, the form requires an account.

Without looking at it, the sounds like a Javascript conflict. I know you said you tried deactivating all other plugins (which is great!) but I wonder if there is a conflict with the theme that’s throwing that conflict. I’ll be able to see that when the form is opened up, but it would also be great if you could try switching to a default WordPress theme (like Twenty Fifteen) while deactivating other plugins to see if that makes a difference.

Let’s start there and see what we find. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Robyn
    Participant

I found a work around. I just upped the number of categories that should be visible to 50. Now all 30 show up. I hope that somewhere along the line, this part of the form becomes a little less bulky and a little more user friendly. For now, this issue on my site is resolved.

Geoff

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing your solution here Robyn and I appreciate the follow-up.

If you have a specific idea for how categories might work in Community Events, we’d love to hear about them in our UserVoice forum–we take new feature requests there and getting your thoughts there would be awesome.

Thanks again for reaching out!

Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Refreshing when 'show all categories' link is clicked’ is closed to new replies.