Page out of sorts when tickets added to event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Page out of sorts when tickets added to event

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Brooks
    Participant

Hi there,

Having a bit of trouble with Events Tickets Plus, when creating an event it works perfectly normal and the design is as desired, see here:

April 2017 Seminar: Light at the end of the tunnel – Sharing and enabling environmental data

But on a recent event we’ve added tickets and this is the result:

The future of coal-fired power

We’ve updated all plugins, wordpress and the theme, did try Twenty Fourteen but it comes up full width so i can’t tell if its any better or not? I have also deactivated plugins one at a time to see if there was a conflict and no resolution, it only goes back to norm when we deactivate the tickets plus plugin.

Any advice on a fix?

Thanks,

Brendan

Patricia

Hey Brendan,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m sorry about this issue you are experiencing, let me help you to solve it!

Can you please let check if you have any custom code (template override) on /wp-content/themes/[your-theme]/tribe-events/tickets/ ? If you have, please temporarily rename the custom file and check if the issue persists after that. Also, please check your functions.php and style.css files and look for any custom code that might be associated with Event Tickets. If you find something, please temporarily comment or remove the lines and let us know if the issue persists after that.

If for some reason your don’t find the cause of the issue, please send me a copy of your theme’s directory in a private reply so I can further investigate your case.

Thanks!

Patricia

Brendan Brooks
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Brendan Brooks
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Brendan Brooks
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Brendan Brooks
    Participant

Hi Patricia

Can you try this one?

Patricia

This reply is private.

Brendan Brooks
    Participant

Hi

Any progress on this?

Patricia

Hi Brendan!

My apologies for the delayed response here: I was waiting for your new database file since for some reason it wasn’t attached to your last response!

At this moment I decided to review and compare your event pages with and without tickets and I’ve verified that the main difference is associated with your max-width:

For events without tickets you have the following code in your style.css file:

.header_hor .l-subheader-h, .l-titlebar-h, .l-main-h, .l-section-h, .l-subfooter-h, .w-tabs-section-content-h, .w-blog-post-body {
        max-width: 1140px !important;
    }

If the event has tickets, this code is override by another template, although at this moment I’m not sure which one since I can’t reproduce the issue in my own site.

I believe that we can solve this problem by adding the following snippet in the end of your theme’s functions.php file (without the <?php tag):

https://gist.github.com/nefeline/1079de52e890fb403d4936e9554f6742

The snippet will force this specific CSS rule to load in every single event page, regardless of whether or not it has associated tickets.

I hope this helps to solve your problem! If for some reason the issue persists even after adding this snippet in your functions.php file, can you please send me a new copy of your database via Google Drive or Dropbox link (to make sure I’ll receive it) so I can further investigate your case?

Thanks!

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Page out of sorts when tickets added to event’ is closed to new replies.