Page Not Found 404 Error

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Page Not Found 404 Error

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Kerry Sykes
    Participant

After the update yesterday (after a previous issue), I manually updated to the current version, and now I cannot add events at all, they are showing but you cannot access them (you received a 404 message), this is an events website with multiple events added daily, so your quick response would be really, really appreciated, thank you

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

This is a page example of one I have recently “added”.

http://holmfirthevents.co.uk/event/turn-theatre-comedy/

Showing only as a 404 error, this is a nightmare for me!

Barry

I’m sorry you’re facing difficulties.

I realize you already indicated having run through a number of troubleshooting steps, but I’d like to post a more complete set that may be suited to this specific scenario:

• Ensure your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date (sounds like you’ve already done this – great!)
    • Deactivate all other plugins except for The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO
    • Switch to a default and completely unmodified theme such as Twenty Thirteen
    • Please now visit the Permalink Settings screen: you don’t need to change anything, though – just visiting this page will “flush” or clear out the rewrite table maintained by WordPress
    • Now test to see if single events are accessible

Assuming for the moment that resolves the problem, start reactivating everything – testing at each stage to see if the problem has returned.

Does that help/allow you to isolate any conflicts with other components?

Let us know!

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

Hi Barry, I tried that, and that has not fixed either of the 2 faults I currently have, my website recieves over 65,000 hits every month with people looking for events, so having this now not working at all is an absolute nightmare! Any help you can give me would be really appreciated.

Harden Moss Sheepdog Trials 2014

Many thanks

Kerry Sykes
    Holmfirth Events

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

Also, by deactivating all of the plug in’s it has TOTALLY messed up my entire website, causing probably hours of work now to try to fix, the main problem, I am not a web developer!!! Just someone running a website!

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

I will now need to ask my developer (which costs me a lot of money), to restore my previous copy, which still has the events calendar not working, really losing faith in this product! Costing me more to maintain that the cost to purchase!

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

PLEASE HELP ME, I have deleted my cashe too and reinstalled again, still no difference!

Barry

Hi Kerry:

I’m sorry you’ve had such a rough ride here.

Also, by deactivating all of the plug in’s it has TOTALLY messed up my entire website, causing probably hours of work now to try to fix, the main problem, I am not a web developer!!! Just someone running a website!

We’re really sorry for the inconvenience. These are fairly standard troubleshooting steps, however, and generally speaking simply reactivating the relevant plugins and your theme gets things back on track with only a few small tweaks – if anything – being required to restore things.

That said, if you’re running a live and busy site then avoiding disruption by carrying out this work at a quiet time – or by working on a duplicate testing site – is highly advisable.

PLEASE HELP ME, I have deleted my cashe too and reinstalled again, still no difference!

That’s very puzzling. On visiting your calendar though I seem able to navigate through to the vast majority of single event pages. Is this only a problem in a few select cases? If so, can you try re-saving or recreating the affected events?

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

My web developer has restored the previous website (losing me 5 days work), which was the version with the basic event calendar on it (no pro version), which is now allowing the site back and running again. He has spent several hours downloading the full versions to no avail, each time he installs the pro version it causes 404 errors in the back end. He assures me (he is a high end developer), that this is a plug in issue, as no other changes have been made to the site other than this upgrade. I would really appreciate your help, as the pro version is essential for the site as its events based. Your help in this issue would be really appreciated. Many thanks.

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

This is the error which started the problem, removing and reinstalling to the new version introduces the 404 errors on NEW events or if you AMEND, if doesn’t affect any already saved.

Your version of The Events Calendar is not up-to-date with one of your The Events Calendar add-ons. Please update now.

I have tried re-installing the version previous to this, and this has the same issue.

Stuck and not sure how to progress!

Many thanks

Kerry

Barry

Hi Kerry: can you create a test site – this can be as simple as installing WordPress in a subdirectory within the same hosting environment – and initially activate only our plugins (the most recent versions) and nothing else. Create some events and see if the same problem occurs there.

• If you immediately hit on the same problem – let us know!
    • If there is no problem, add the same plugins (and theme) as you have on your live site – now create some new events and check to see if the problem has manifested itself here

Let me know how you get on πŸ™‚

Kerry Sykes
    Participant

I will ask my web developer to see if he can do that, though he has recommended that I wait until you do the next upgrade so we can see if that has the same issue this one has. I am currently paying for the events Pro and filter bar, which I now cannot use, do you have a schedule at all to when your next upgrade will be out? Many thanks

Barry

Hi! We aim to turn out maintenance releases on a monthly basis, though it’s not a rigid schedule and can vary according to the amount of work being processed and other factors. If you’re happy to wait that’s fine, otherwise let me know if you want to continue with some troubleshooting along the lines I suggested in my last reply – we’ll be happy to help πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Not Found 404 Error’ is closed to new replies.