Page Layout Problem

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Page Layout Problem

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jasongrasshopper
    Participant

I have just upgraded to 3.0 and have a few issues with layout.
    1. On an event page the Event Details and Venue information appearing at the bottom of the page rather than at the top which I preferred in 2.0. How do I get these sections back to the top of the page?
    2. I now have Related Events appearing on each event page and don’t want these. How do I turn these off?
    3. I have menus to filter out events by event categories but the default view seems to be list view even though I have set the default view to month view.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi jasongrasshopper,

1. It’s hard to say exactly what to do in your case because the template looks a little different in each case with a different theme. If you have some specific ideas of how you want this to look, we can help guide you to achieving that, but ultimately you’re going to have to do the work to get the site looking the way you want. Can you please provide me with a mockup of sorts of how you’re wanting this to look?

2. Try adding this to your theme’s functions.php file:

/*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    /* Remove Tribe Related Events
    /*-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    remove_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', 'tribe_single_related_events' );

3. I don’t get what you’re talking about here. Can you be more specific or provide more detail please?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Andy
    Participant

I would also like to know how to remove the “Related Events”.

Andy
    Participant

Sorry about that, I had this page open for a while and after I posted my comment I saw there was a response. Adding that hook to my functions file worked perfect.

jasongrasshopper
    Participant

Hi Jonah
    1. Basically all I want to do is have the details and venue boxes appear immediately after the main text of the event. My details and venue boxes are currently appearing even below the Google Calendar and iCal links. I changed back to WP 2011 theme and the same thing was happening.
    2. I have added the code supplied to remove related events but it has done nothing. Not sure why? Also tested this in WP 2011 theme and still had the same issue.
    3. I give every event a category. I have set up menus to direct users to a calendar showing only events from that category. But the page that appears is in list view. A new issue has also appeared that after the list view of events of one category is opened, I click on the link to go to the next month and when that page opens it is for all events not those of the category that I am viewing. Sorry if I have trouble explaining this clearly. If you go to my website and view a race category and then go to the next month you will see that the events that appear are from all categories.

Cheers
    Jason

Jonah
    Participant

Hi jasongrasshopper,

1. You’ll need to remove the social links and comments box yourself because it looks like some other plugins are adding this right below the content and there’s no easy way to insert the venue/event details before this. To move the details above the Google/iCal links, add this to your theme’s functions.php file:

/* Replace Where Google/iCal Links Are Positioned
    function replace_google_ical_links() {
    remove_action('tribe_events_single_event_after_the_content', array('TribeiCal', 'single_event_links'));
    add_action('tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta', array('TribeiCal', 'single_event_links'));
    }
    add_action('init','replace_google_ical_links');

2. I’m not sure why that’s not working for you. Perhaps try wrapping it in the function above so it’s executed with the init action.

3. I see the problem here. It might be a bug… I’ll need to check with the rest of the team on this one and get back to you.

Regards,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hey jasongrasshopper,

re: #3, can you please provide a specific link to an event that has this category or a link to that category on your site so I don’t have to dig around?

Thanks,
    Jonah

jasongrasshopper
    Participant

Hi Jonah
    If you go to http://www.cyclingcalendar.com.au/events/category/race/road/time_trial/ it will come up as list view even though my default view is month view. Change to month view then forward to the next month. When this is done the month view changes back to all events even though the url indicates that it should still be showing the category time_trial.
    I hope this description is clear.
    Thanks
    Jason

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Jason,

I see the problem now. This is a known bug/limitation and will be fixed in 3.0.3. Unfortunately there’s not much you can do in the interim. Just hang tight and we’ll get this fixed ASAP.

Regards,
    Jonah

Amanda
    Participant

Hi there,
    I’m having the same #3 issue. I had to “hard-code” this nav menu link for a specific category to display in month view even though that is my default view: http://networkbeforework.com/events/category/network-before-work-events/month/

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately this didn’t make it into 3.0.3 but will be in 3.0.4 which is also coming out very soon. Hang tight and we’ll get this fixed!

Thanks,
    Jonah

Amanda
    Participant

Thanks for the update!

Rob

Glad to be of service! Thanks to everyone for their patience.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Page Layout Problem’ is closed to new replies.