Output list of venues with upcoming events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Output list of venues with upcoming events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ulf
    Participant

Hello,

I am looking for a solution for listing “active” venues only.

I am aware of the [list_venues] shortcode but what I would like to do is output a list all of the venues that are within an existing category and have at least one upcoming event – so that the list can be dynamic. Is something like this possible?

It may be worth noting that we are going to also be utilizing a plugin like Post Expirator to remove events once the date has passed. So we will not be keeping past events in the system.

Thanks.

Courtney

Hello Ulf

Using Widget Shortcodes might work here. Can you try using a shortcode like this, but changing the slug and category to match your site:

[tribe_featured_venue slug="the-eiffel-tower" category="barbeque"]

Let me know if this works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney šŸ™‚

Ulf
    Participant

Hi Courtney,

Thank you for the support. However, I don’t think that solution will work for what we need unfortunately.

The venues that we have are constantly changing and don’t always all have upcoming events. So, what we are trying to do is output a list like I am outputting on this test page with the [list_venues] shortcode – but narrow it down to only show venues with events currently linked to them. Because we will be using the plugin to delete old events – even just outputting a list of all venues that have events should work.

I hope that clears things up. Thanks a lot.

Cliff

Hi, Ulf.

1) Please referenceĀ https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/get-the-next-3-venues-with-upcoming-events/#post-1177881 and let me know if this helps answer your question.

2) Regarding Post Expirator:

I believe you’re requesting the same thing as one of our existing feature requests:Ā https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/11732886-delete-past-events

Please do add your voteĀ there.

This allows us to gaugeĀ interest in this particularĀ feature request, which helps us prioritize our development efforts.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Output list of venues with upcoming events’ is closed to new replies.