Outlook ICS import not working correctly – dates all wrong

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Outlook ICS import not working correctly – dates all wrong

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Xavier
    Participant

Hi,

I’m using the event aggregator plugin on a number of ICS files, and am running into issues on all of them. Two seem to be treating timezones incorrectly, which I’m continuing to look into.

However, the biggest issue is the attached ICS which works correctly when I import into Calendar on my Mac, but event start and end dates are randomly completely wrong when importing into Events Calendar.

For example, this record:

SUMMARY:Amelia Edwards – AL
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20180716
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20180804

Should start on 16 July and end on 4 August, however, the event created has the dates 2 August – 21 August.

It was imported on 2 August, so would this be the issue? It sees a multi day event, and can’t set that to start in the past, so instead sets start date today and duration remains the same?

This seems like a bug?

Further, my events from this and other feeds have the correct start and end times (eg. 8am – 9am), but the timezone associated is incorrect, so when displayed in my timezone (Australia/Melbourne), they display at incorrect times (eg. 1am – 2am). What’s the best fix for this?

Thanks,
    Xavier

Xavier
    Participant

Hi,

Just a quick follow up. Issues on my other imports arose while I was trying to fix this (by setting timezone to be site-wide). When timezone is set to manual time zones for each event, I’m just having issues with this particular import.

I’ve narrowed the issue down to any multi day event that started before the import – these are then imported with the correct duration, but the start date of the day of import.

Can you please review and see if there is a fix. I’d also like to know if this is just an issue for the events on first import, or whether this will happen with subsequent imports.

I also realised I was on a slightly older version of the plugins when I submitted this, but I’ve since updated. I don’t believe this has fixed the issue though.

Very keen to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,
    Xavier

Hi Xavier,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this problem.

Unfortunately, I could reproduce the same issue on my end. I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Xavier
    Participant

Thanks Jamie,

Appreciate the follow up. Looking forward to a fix in a future version!

Thanks,
    Xavier

Thanks for your understanding, we’ll let you know when a fix has become available!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Xavier!

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve just released a fix on our Event Aggregator server to address this issue.

There is no need to update anything on your end, but do make sure you are using the latest versions of The Events Calendar.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if they work on your end.

Best,
    Victor

Xavier
    Participant

Great, thanks Victor.

I’ll keep an eye on it, but all seems to be working on the live site now, so I won’t reimport to test.

Cheers,
    Xavier

Glad to hear it, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since this issue has been resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Outlook ICS import not working correctly – dates all wrong’ is closed to new replies.