Outlook 2013 Event Import Creates New Calendar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Outlook 2013 Event Import Creates New Calendar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lance
    Participant

I’m noticing that the iCal Export feature of TEC creates a new calendar in Outlook 2013 for event a single event, instead of, as one might expect, adding it to the default Outlook calendar. This seems to be a known issue.

I’m wondering if this year-old forum topic still reflects the state-of-the-discussion on this issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/outlook-2010-event-import-creates-a-new-calendar/

The above linked forum post recommends a plug-in to solve this problem. Is that still, going on a year later, the best option?

Thanks

Barry

Hi there Lance – yes, I would recommend giving Andy’s plugin a whirl here if you need to modify this behaviour.

Lance
    Participant

According to Andy Fragen’s website:

You would only need this plugin if you use The Events Calendar and your users only use Outlook for their calendar app. If your users don’t use Outlook then using this plugin may have deleterious effects when importing events into Google Calendar or Apple’s Calendar

Is there a solution for this that does not break functionality for non-Outlook users? There can’t be many environments in which “users only use Outlook.”

Barry

Hi Lance,

It may be possible to add a new “export button” specifically targeting users of Microsoft Outlook. While that’s not a customization we can help you with here on the forums it could be worth exploring.

We’d equally be receptive to the same thing if posted as a feature request. This would allow others to comment and vote on the idea, giving us a better sense of how much demand there may be – my concern being this does not for instance appear to be an issue with outlook.com, so I wonder if this is only an issue with legacy/desktop versions of Outlook.

Lance
    Participant

Thanks, Barry. It seems to me that, retro as it may be, there are many folks in corporate, educational, and other company environments that “still” use “legacy” desktop Outlook.

In any event, see:

http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5827845-export-to-outlook-calendars

In any event, keep up the good work!

Barry

Thanks Lance – and of course for anyone else coming across this topic, please do consider up-voting the above request (the level of support isn’t the only metric we apply to these requests – but it can certainly help us prioritize).

I’ll go ahead and close this topic but if anything else crops up please just create a new one and one of the team will be only too happy to help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Outlook 2013 Event Import Creates New Calendar’ is closed to new replies.