Out of memory message

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Out of memory message

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bbdginc
    Participant

I installed calendar pro and woocommerce ticketing on a site I am working on. Its a pretty fresh install, not many plugins at all. Calendar was working fine, I installed woocommerce tickets, and when adding a ticket to the cart, I get a out of memory error. Its a pretty powerful VPS I have all the access I need to change settings. I went all the way up to 128M on the memory limit, and still errors. Can you please help.
    http://67.43.4.198/~aasynagogue/event/high-holidays

rbinteractive
    Participant

I just updated to the latest version of woocommerce and I am getting the exact same error. It appears that something is causing the cart size to spiral out of control. Specifically, the error is coming from /plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-cart.php on around line 1056:

if ( sizeof( $this->get_cart() ) == 0 ) {

However, I am convinced that it is not a woocommerce error, because any other product type except for a ticket works just fine when I click on Add to Cart.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having.

Looks like WooCommerce 2.3 and WooCommerce Tickets 3.9 do not work together just yet.

If you are seeing this for the first time I would hold off on updating WooCommerce to 2.3.

However, we have a fix for this issue to try:

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // The code below this comment should be added to the theme's functions.php file
    // -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Compatibility fix to help run WooCommerce Tickets 3.9 with WooCommerce 2.3.x
    if ( class_exists( 'TribeWooTickets' ) ) {
    // Form reference to ticket processing callback
    $wootickets = TribeWooTickets::get_instance();
    $callback = array( $wootickets, 'process_front_end_tickets_form' );

// Switch to a later action
    remove_action( 'init', $callback );
    add_action( 'wp_loaded', $callback );
    }

Let me know if that works for you guys.

Thanks

Robert
    Participant

I’m getting this when I try to add something to the cart:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 94371840 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home/rkennerney/footballfactoryny.com/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/class-wc-cart.php on line 252

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi sorry for the issues you are having Robert.

Looks like you are hitting a memory limit.

WooCommmerce has a guide to help debug here:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-to-debug-issues-after-updates

Check out the section of Memory Issues and let us know if that helps out.

Thanks

Robert
    Participant

Thanks for the help, to be honest, I’m searching around and I can’t even find how to access the wp-config.php file in the first place. I’m a novice at this stuff, I purchased these tools in the hope of avoiding these kinds of issues, not encountering them. I can see that woo tickets will be a great feature to my site once it’s up and running, so far I’ve spent the last two days dealing with bugging and update issues.

Any way you might be able to break down the solution process to its simplest form possible would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the hassle, just been a disappointing start to the process so far.

Brian
    Keymaster

You cannot edit the wp-config.php file from WordPress as it is the central file that initializes everything.

It can be done through ftp or using your hostings cPanel or equivalent to use the file manager to download, edit and then upload the file.

The wp-config.php is in the root of your site, this articles goes into detail about the file.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php

If possible I would downgrade to WooCommerce 2.2.11 and WooCommerce Tickets 3.9.

I personally use WooCommerce on many sites and find it is better to update their major releases such as 2.3 a couple weeks after it has been out in order for the bugs to be worked out.

If you like to stick with the latest we will help you out as much as our support terms allow.

Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Out of memory message’ is closed to new replies.