Organizer URLs adding -2 to the slug

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizer URLs adding -2 to the slug

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Gray
    Participant

Hi,

When adding a new organiser, it’s adding -2 to the end of the slug annoyingly – any idea why this it?

http://wetrain.mattgraydesign.co.uk/organiser/sophie-radcliffe-2/

Nico

Hey Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us! I can help you here …

Checking in my local install I cannot reproduce this glitch 🙁 Are you seeing this consistently with all organizers you create?

I guess you are aware of this but WordPress automatically adds the ‘-2’ part of the slug to posts that repeat an existing slug. Maybe you created an organizer with this slug before? Can you check if you are able to edit the slug and remove this part?

Please let me know about this,
    Best,
    Nico

Matt Gray
    Participant

Hey,

I’m adding the organiser within the event itself, and it’s automatically creating the organiser…

I’ve not got any organisers with the same slug, as they haven’t been created…

Nor am I able to remove the -2 from the slug by editing it…

Cheers,
    Matt

Nico

Thanks for clarifying Matt! I could reproduce this when creating a venue / organizer from the new event screen. I went ahead and created the bug report in our backlog.

For now I’d say create venues and organizers from their respective ‘add new’ screens. And just assign them when you create a new event.

I’ve linked the bug report with this thread so you’ll get a heads-up when the fix for this is released.

Thanks once again for the heads-up and sorry for the hassle until this gets fixed,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer URLs adding -2 to the slug’ is closed to new replies.