Organizer missing; Recurring end date confusion; "Next" still broken

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Organizer missing; Recurring end date confusion; "Next" still broken

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Cindy

(Note: I’m building and testing the calendar in the Twenty Ten theme so when/if I change to another theme, I’ll know the problem is with the theme. I have updated to 2.0.1.)

I’m still having issues with the event detail page not showing the correct “next” event link at the bottom of the listing. The “previous” event link displays correctly, but the “next” event link always displays the current event I’m viewing. This has not been fixed (at least for me) with the latest update.

“Organizer:” does not show on an event detail page UNLESS a website has been entered for the organizer in the backend. If no website is listed, “Organizer:” does not show, but “Phone:” and “Email:” will display (if a phone number &/or email has been added for the organizer).

For recurring events, I find I have to select the day AFTER an event ends to have the proper number of days for the event to display. The way it’s phrased on the back end, “End On ‘date'” is misleading. On the front end, for example, when I read “Schedule: Every day until December 18, 2011” I would think that the event is still happening on Dec. 18, but it’s not. It ends on Dec. 17. I think it should read, “Every day until December 17, 2011” as this makes more sense to me.

One other thing and I guess this is on a wish list: is it possible to have the DEFAULT for the backend Events list to display the events in descending order (earliest date first) instead of the latest event first? I know I can click “Start Date” to change the order, but I have to do that every time. Since I will have many recurring events that go on indefinitely (even though I show it going for a year), the list will always start many months ahead of the current date, which makes little sense to show first.

Rob

Hi Cindy. Thanks for the note on this. I will say that this is definitely designed to be run on at least the 2011 theme; we stopped supporting the 2010 theme at the end of the 1.3 lifecycle and haven’t been running 2.0 on that since 2011 theme was launched with WP3.

The next/previous event issue is a known bug; it seems to only occur with recurring events, best I can tell, but let me if you’re seeing something else. This is an issue we’re working on but have had some trouble nailing down (it looks simpler than it is). As soon as we can patch it the fix will definitely be deployed though.

That point you brought up about the organizers is a valid one; a truly legit bug that I’ve logged so we can fix in 2.0.2. Thanks for pointing that out.

The recurring events are meant to function exactly as you described: the “end on December 18th” should mean there’s a final listing on the 18th; the fact that there isn’t is a bug we introduced in 2.0.1 it looks like, since I was just able to recreate it. Sorry – we’ll get this patched too, for the 2.0.2 release.

That last request you noted was actually posed by someone else just earlier today. I’ve got it logged so we can address that down the road too.

Thanks for all your suggestions and let me know if anything else comes up!

Cindy

I tested the event detail event page in the 2011 theme and I still have the error of the Next event link displaying the current event.

The reason I was testing in the 2010 theme over the 2011 theme is because of an original question I posted here a while back: I want the calendar to display in a full width page with the event detail page to display with a sidebar. 2010 produces this desired result, 2011 doesn’t.

I’m sure those with better WordPress skills know how to make this occur in any theme, but I was looking for something that worked “out of the box” for now as I work on improving my ability to tweak things. 🙂

Rob

Thanks for following up, Cindy. The next event detail thing is problematic in the code itself; seems to apply across all themes I’ve seen so far.

On 2011: the theme options under Settings –> The EVents Calendar don’t allow you to achieve the desired result?

Valerie
    Participant

Just to be clear, there is no solution for the next even displaying incorrectly?

Valerie
    Participant

Just noticed that the problem goes away when I deactivate the pro version.

Rob

Valerie: not yet, but a fix should be included in 2.0.2 (which we’re aiming to release later this week). Let me know if you’re still having issues upon upgrading.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer missing; Recurring end date confusion; "Next" still broken’ is closed to new replies.