Organizer is duplicated

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Organizer is duplicated

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cristina
    Participant

Hello there,

When importing events from Facebook, the Organizer is being duplicated. This is bad as I have some shortcode in the Organizer item and also ensured that all data (phone, email, etc) is fullfilled.

When a new Organizer item for same name is created, it’s creating unnecessary data and work. So I need to manually change from the dropdown list at event, delete new created Organizer item and reselect the one that was already created.

Hope this can be fixed…!

thanks!
    cristina

Josh
    Participant

Hey Cristina,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Would you mind sending us the IDs for the pages that you’re using for importing (or the individual event IDs that you’re importing)?

If the events are coming from a particular page, we usually see a consistent import of the organizer and the events getting associated with the same organizer rather than the organizer getting duplicated. However, there are factors for the event that sometimes create a bit of inconsistency here that we’re unable to know and process upon import that the organizer is the same since the data can be different coming from Facebook.

Thanks!

Cristina
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Cristina,

Thanks for following up. I’ll do some tests with the pages that you’ve provided and will let you know if I’m able to duplicate and what I think could potentially be the issue here.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Cristina,

I did some tests but didn’t experience any of the current events associated with the page creating duplicated organizers on initial import or scheduled import.

However, I will say that this has happened in the past where the details and name for a venue will get imported several times depending on the associated event. Usually in these cases though there is something set up in the creation of the event where the venue information is slightly different when created in Facebook so it does end up getting treated as a separate venue.

In the meantime, if you delete the duplicated events do they continue to get duplicated on scheduled ( or manual) imports from the associated page?

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Organizer is duplicated’ is closed to new replies.